Honored Contributor

Re: Girls, Whom Among Us Did WW Exchange Programs Of the 1980's?

[ Edited ]

@Gorgf wrote:

I bought a Spaghetti Squash and going to try a recipe from the Cookbook. Waiting for my pot roast to finish.  House smells good like Fall. Only had a salad with one hard cooked egg for lunch so saving up for protein. Carrots, celery and onions and one med. Potato. Planning and more shopping has helped. Going to make the  WW soup that@ECGB posted. Handy to grab and use during the week.

@Gorgf Honey, You are doing REALLY good!  You go girl!  Remember that soup needs to be 1/2 liquid in the bowl!  I went nuts adding more vegetables!

Remember, carrots and potatoes metabolise into sugar in the mouth.  If you get a craving, drink tomato juice, unsweetened iced tea, or coffie with a splash of skim!

The cabbage soup also freezes.  Ask my son!  He ate it before I could get to it!~!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gorgf @SouthernBee @4kitties @deb5555 @TVLand @collenna

@texassunflower @TVLand and ladies.

WW would like us to have fish 3 times each week. A week of lunch and dinner gives us 14 meals.

You can make a medium salad with a little boiled shrimp left over from dinner, or put some packed in water tuna on a salad.

You can grill with a fish seasoning (make sure sugar isn't an ingredient).  McCormick has a good chicken and fish spice.  (you may have to get it on amazon).  A little garlic is good on grilled fish. 

Mccormick Chicken & Fish Total Seasoning, 5.37 Oz, Multicolor

To rewarm any fish, incl salmon in the microwave, cover with a very wet paper towel.

I had slaw made with diet mayo the other night.  It also had a few salad tomatoes which made it so fresh.  I could make that a permanent change!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : Will look for the seasoning . We have been eating baked fish once a week so will do more.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@ECBG : Will look for the seasoning . We have been eating baked fish once a week so will do more.

@SouthernBee Salmon patties count too!  I add a beaten egg, a lot of chopped onion, and use 4 crumbled (in my hand) saltines and a splash of milk.!  Bread crumbs are small, therefore more is needed.

I fry only by lightly spraying the frying pan, then again when I turn.   Try adding a little dijon mustard to your diet mayo and a touch of fresh lemon.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG @SouthernBee @Gorgf @4kitties @deb5555 Been having a better week eating wise - yeah.  Also being in the PNW we've been having horrible air quality so constant stale smoke taste in my mouth so not eating very much at all the last couple days so bottom line is 5 pounds lighter this week.  I've really been getting alot from the book, all the great info posted here, portion control reminders, eating lots of vegies & not adding salt.  Fred Meyer has been having Patagonian (sp?) shrimp which is from Argentina so I've been buying a little over a pound/week - goes so well in salads.  Wishing you all a great week.

Honored Contributor

@colleena Glad to hear from you.  You're going through some difficult times, so sorry. 

Please check back for extra information and ideas for meals.🙃

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : We love salmon patties, just need to stock up on more can salmon.

Honored Contributor

@colleena : So much going on and you having to deal with air quality. Yea- 5 pounds. I have learned that small changes can make a difference.  Every time that I try to read the book - I fall asleep. You will be in my thoughts.Have a safe but wonderful week.

Respected Contributor

I have been doing some organizing and purging and I came across this book.  I got it at Dollar Tree a year or so ago. It is not a Weight Watcher book, but some of the meal ideas and recipes may work for me.  I like the menu idea.  Helps me get some new ideas of what to eat.  

I checked and it is still available for purchase.  Thought it may be of interest to some of us here.  

7C4A103E-7630-4ECB-8784-9B74E21B0963.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I have been doing some organizing and purging and I came across this book.  I got it at Dollar Tree a year or so ago. It is not a Weight Watcher book, but some of the meal ideas and recipes may work for me.  I like the menu idea.  Helps me get some new ideas of what to eat.  

I checked and it is still available for purchase.  Thought it may be of interest to some of us here.  

7C4A103E-7630-4ECB-8784-9B74E21B0963.jpeg

@4kitties Looks very interesting.  Watch salt, sugar, fat, and especially starches, not only rice, potatoes, corn, and green peas, but bread crumbs as well.

EnjoySmiley Happy