Respected Contributor

Gifts for the Gal with Val on HSN

I flipped the channel to HSN to see what the gifts were and they were showing a Vacuum cleaner. I thought this show was gifts for the gal !  I don't know about anyone else but I don't want a vacuum cleaner as a Christmas gift !.  I think of gifts for the gal as being jewelry, gift cards, makeup, clothes, perfume, maybe even fancy kitchen stuff (my daughter loves to cook and loves fancy kitchen gadgets and pots, fryers etc so that would be ok with her) But a vacuum cleaner ? no thanks. Now I did hear Val say she knows the show is gifts for gals but the vacuum cleaner is a good buy so there you go. Ladies, what do you prefer as Christmas gifts ? Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Gifts for the Gal with Val on HSN

Would they have a Gifts for Guys show and offer a household vacuum cleaner?  NO!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The same items are shown throughout the day, only the name of the show changes...no offense taken by this gal, it's not a big deal. My sons know my fav Christmas gift is pics of their families & that's what I get...then I enjoy shopping the sales for frames.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624wrote: Would they have a Gifts for Guys show and offer a household vacuum cleaner?  NO!

Exactly !

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51wrote: The same items are shown throughout the day, only the name of the show changes...no offense taken by this gal, it's not a big deal.

I have no problem with the show host whatsoever, she is just doing her job and she is a beautiful young lady. I just think there could have been a better choice of gift for the gal than a vacuum cleaner.   JMO

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe not a vacuum cleaner but they might show a shop vac or a myriad of other tools in a "Gifts for the Guy show" used to do household chores. That seems to be the equivalent to me. The key is communication. If you find practical gifts offensive let your partner know ahead of time so nobody gets hurt, lol. 

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@kitcat51wrote: The same items are shown throughout the day, only the name of the show changes...no offense taken by this gal, it's not a big deal.

I have no problem with the show host whatsoever, she is just doing her job and she is a beautiful young lady. I just think there could have been a better choice of gift for the gal than a vacuum cleaner.   JMO

My comment wasn't about the show host. The name of show changes with the same items presented throughout the day so it doesn't matter what the show is called or who's hosting it

Esteemed Contributor

I actually need a vacuum, so I'd take one as a gift.

Honored Contributor

I guess I am a weirdo....I LOVE vacuum cleaners....and would rather get THAT than jewelry or perfume 

Honored Contributor

I always tell people to not buy me gifts.  There isn't anything that I want or need.

My DH bought me vacuum cleaners, a fish aquarium, kitchen appliances, etc. in the past.

i had a talk with him and he bought me jewelry....expensive jewelry.

After another talk, and I requested no more jewelry..... Now,he gives me cash.  i can't get him to stop giving me something, so I thank him for the cash and buy groceries with it.

If I buy anyone a gift, I always make sure it is something they really want.  I would  not buy a vacuum for a gift unless someone asked for one.

Something personal would be my first pick.  Even a box of nice candy would be great, more appreciated than a new vacuum.