Honored Contributor

Re: ''Gifts Guaranteed Before 12/25''? What does that mean?

It's the same thing it means every year.  They call it a 'guarantee', yet there is nothing on the other end.

They "guarantee" you will get it by x date.  If you don't, you don't.  Period.

I've never understood the one-sided guarantee thing.

Honored Contributor

It's a sales tactic.  No vendor can "guarantee" delivery by a certain date.  And there is no mention in the "banner" of what happens if the item does not arrive by the promised date.  

Buyer beware!

Respected Contributor

To get gifts in time for Christmas it is a good idea to order gifts in early November if not earlier.

Honored Contributor

Not a darn thing!

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda 

Reality is "they can say it" but means beans🤦‍♀️

I don't know what news channel my spouse was watching this evening but they had a news clip "A walk thru a USPS distribution & sorting facility".  I seem to think it was in Midwest but holy crow  just watching & seeing the millions of packages in this facility was overwhelming to me!

I'm defintely amazed how those packages, humans & robots sort those packages.  From now on, after seeing this "I will definitely have a better respect for the trips my packages take before they get to me."

Accordingly, the Manager he stated they have very little "lost packages" yet once they hit main postal office "no control of package delvery".

Interesting as mine sometime "visit" my local po for 4-7 days -- so good luck ordering.

I paid higher rate with UPS to send 2 small boxes because I know delivery will happen & even "A" orders have been delivered USPO.

don't know if there can be a guarantee on their end, except to process for shipper.

Honored Contributor

I would not trust the guarantee, QVC cannot control what happens after it is shipped from their facillity.

My few orders have shipped quickly but the ball is dropped once picked up by the shipper.   I have an order sitting at a post office for the last 3 days.  I ordered another item at the same time, that item arrived 2 days ago.

Respected Contributor

For the past three days I have a label made.  LOL... UPS to USPS is the plan?  It was ordered in September  from an established Vendor to be shipped the 13th of Dec. so plenty of time for  shipping arrangements I would have thought?. The 16th has turned into the 20th?

The "Today Show" had a segment on UPS and how many 1000s of packages are scanned labels up or down.  Amazing! Alot depends on our up coming weather was mentioned. We also have wind warnings and storms of many varieties the next few days in the midwest. Looks like alot of areas of the country, the same.

Guarantee can't  possibly be realistic. Period.

Respected Contributor

if you do not recieve by Dec 25,I would call customer service and ask for shipping back.im positive you will get it.this has happened to me before.have faith

Honored Contributor

It's not only QVC that does this.  Practically every retailer is offering  "guaranteed" delivery by Christmas if you order by a certain date.  I believe for many that date is today, without and additional charge.

I know someone that runs a small business and she has been putting out on social media about the deadline to order for guaranteed Christmas delivery.  She said this is the date the PO said packages have to be mailed by to arrive by Christmas.  I doubt she's going to do anything if  a package doesn't arrive.   

Respected Contributor

NOPE! DO NOT believe this and order carefully- I have ordered several items "guaranteed" to arrive before Christmas and they have arrived on the 27th and beyond- It's no skin off of their back! They aren't the ones left scrambling without a gift to give!!!