Esteemed Contributor

Re: ''Gifts Guaranteed Before 12/25''? What does that mean?

[ Edited ]

In my case I've been working part time for UPS!   (just kidding) though they have left several packages on my front porch that belong to other units lately.   So me and DH don our hats and gloves and go around delivering the packages to the correct units!  LOL  Good thing we are honest people.    Have had a few of these instances with Amzaon too.  The unit #'s are very visible outside so don't ask me why this occurs??   I do know that this time of year is even worse due to heavy mail load and part time workers that just don't give a cr*p.  Luckily we still have a decent USPS carrier.

As far as the Q giving you anything for your late package arrivals, don't hold your breath.

Regular Contributor

It means APRIL FOOL!  It's seasonal.  Happens every year. 

Honored Contributor

This nonsense goes on every year! Hubbs always asks what is the guarantee ?

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

It doesn't mean you get your money back & get to keep the item for free when it arrives. The details are in the black banner, if you have additional questions contact CS.

The black banner???

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

It doesn't mean you get your money back & get to keep the item for free when it arrives. The details are in the black banner, if you have additional questions contact CS.

The black banner???

@ValuSkr  @kitcat51  I clicked on the black banner and then the second place it said to click.  It gives no information on what the guarantee means if your items don't arrive on time.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

The black banner???

It's on the top of every page including the Forum...I'm using a tablet with Crome so it might be different with another device & server.

Respected Contributor

I clicked the black banner. Looks like they've shortened the amount of time you have before Christmas to order in time for Christmas delivery. The date to order by is 12/14.

In the past, the "order by" date for guaranteed Christmas delivery was like a few days before Christmas, and it was never a problem for me. I wouldn't take that chance now though.

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda 

I've learned after shopping here for 30 years, that QVC guarantees you will get a big, fat 'Sorry you order wasn't received by 12/25', followed by instructions that you can return the order for credit.

No, you don't get to keep the item for free, you don't even get a small credit for the 'inconvenience'.

I've learned the hard way not to order gifts in the month of December.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

The guarantee means nothing!  QVC makes this guarantee EVERY YEAR, and they certainly cannot control what happens after the items leave the warehouse. Unfortunately, EVERY YEAR people believe what QVC says, and are disappointed.

Honored Contributor

Unless I didn't care exactly when anything from any company actually arrived, I would be shopping locally and carrying my purchases home.

QVC is not alone in having packages lost in the massive number of products the nation is buying every day.  The delivery services are overwhelmed - yesterday I saw a USPS delivering to a neighbor's terrace before 7 AM!