Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I think the best gift would be an agreement to STOP with the "gifting"

Awesome answer...ITA...

and a bah humbug to the two of you too...lol  

Honored Contributor

Actually I would like a gift card to a nice retail store but also something to open like a hand creme from Laura Mercier or L'Occtaine.  If gift cards are out then tickets to a Broadway play if you live in the area; cashmere sweater, or favorite perfume.  I personally prefer the gift cards because most people buy what they like and not what you would like.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono...yes she does....that would be a great gift if she did not already have it, since she is in her car so much!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Actually I would like a gift card to a nice retail store but also something to open like a hand creme from Laura Mercier or L'Occtaine.  If gift cards are out then tickets to a Broadway play if you live in the area; cashmere sweater, or favorite perfume.  I personally prefer the gift cards because most people buy what they like and not what you would like.  Cat Very Happy

I'm the opposite.  I hate gift cards.  I think it's a lazy way to shop, it takes no effort and no thought.  I like gifts, I love the anticipation of opening a beautifully wrapped gift.  I do give gift cards but only to teenagers or people who specifically ask for a gift card.  I am always incredibly disappointed when I get one and I often end up giving to someone who will appreciate it.  

Respected Contributor

Q has cute Dooney pouches in a beautiful box for $88.00. If she really wants to spend more, add a gift card! Or, get two gift certs. to a spa and make plans to go together! Tickets to a concert or show would work, too!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I think the best gift would be an agreement to STOP with the "gifting"

Awesome answer...ITA...

and a bah humbug to the two of you too...lol  

I'm a descendant of Scrooge!!

Esteemed Contributor

If she is in her car for long drive to work and back...how about a gift card to the gas station she uses...gas prices are so high that might help with her budget...

Or,.....how about a gift card to the supermarket she shops at...who can't use help paying for groceries...

Honored Contributor

I hate buying gifts, I would just give her the money in a nice card in a gift box. I prefer getting money if someone wants to gift me something.

Regular Contributor

I agree with a nice pouch, but I wouldn't spend $88 on a vinyl pouch just because it's Dooney (I think GILI makes one with an initial that's leather).  Just me.  How about a YETI tumbler to hold her favorite beverage?  They are around $40-$60.  If she likes makeup, one of the large holiday gift sets would be nice, from QVC, Sephora, etc.  Some of the large bath/body sets in retail stores this time of year are really nice as well.  Other than that, a gift certificate for mani/pedi, favorite restaurant, hair salon?  Not everyone hates gift cards, I don't mind receiving them at all.

Frequent Contributor

Since she probably just would like to relax when she gets home from a long day, I think a nice throw, new slippers, or pjs to lounge in might be a nice gift. I also like the idea of a new comforter set. Or perhaps a basket with some goodies she likes like coffees, teas, cookies, a good book or some magazines to read. Another thought is a nice necklace with earrings for work.