Honored Contributor

My girl friend has asked me help her with an idea for her sister (who is also a good friend of mine) for Christmas..sigh.....she spends about $100 - $150.00.

I am no help this year because the older I get the less I want or need and we girls are all pretty close so I know what they have and we are together enough to know what they need.

I am out of ideas, anyone want to give me a couple of suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Why don't you tell us something about the sister.  All women aren't the same.  How about her age, city girl vs country girl.  Sophisiticated vs down to earth.  Does she like music, cooking books?   I don't think anyone can advise on gifts unless they know a little about the person.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gift ideas for women?

[ Edited ]

Small token gift and gift card to somewhere that she shops, eats, or gets her hair done.  That way she can use her money for something else or keep it in a mayonnaise jar.

Honored Contributor

I think the best gift would be an agreement to STOP with the "gifting"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

This time of year drives me crazy!  People spending money on gifts that aren't necessarily wanted or needed...I give "just because" gifts to family and friends throughout the year.  It means so much more to me than wracking my brain trying to decide on a gift "just because" it's a holiday...jmho

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I think the best gift would be an agreement to STOP with the "gifting"

Awesome answer...ITA...

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreeI guesss that would help!

She is single, 63 years old, she works at a job that requires a long distance drive every day so she has little time at home.

Once she is home, her day is done, she is tired.  Little time for fun in her life right now. One suggestion I had for her  was a cleaning lady...maybe for just a day but have her do a deep clean....something that has not been done for quite a while.....it was not well received, I also suggested a shop vac, yes, I know not exciting at all but she borrowed mine and said how much she liked it!

I am not one that gets to excited about gifts....so that is probably why my ideas this year are not to great, plus my friend is all about a lot of gifts to open...I'm just stumped.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi....I totally agree. One reason she has so much trouble deciding what to buy is she spends to much money (she has it to give)

We are all friends and I do not exchange gifts with them and several years ago I told them no more birthday gifts for me PLEASE!  We go out for dinner, and the birthday girl does not pay, that is enough for me...we always have a good time.  The sisters still exchange!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs

Does she have Sirius for the car?

Honored Contributor

I think you should not focus on that $100, that should just be a general guide or you could combine 2 or 3 gifts to reach them amount.  She works, so a nice cardigan and some really nice hand cream (scent free) would work.  Two tickets to a performance or a dinner theatre or even to a nice restaurnt.  A comforter with matching pillow shams.  If you know where she gets her hair done, a $100 gift certificate would be nice.