Honored Contributor

Re: Getting married on a cruise? Oh no!

NOT now!  All Americans are leaving the UK at this time before the borders leave.  There was a giant concert and thewr was a Boeing 727 to carry all 8 bands home!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45   Forgive me for butting in, but continuing to go on with the wedding as planned is putting guests, any people involved in the planning and the execution of the event at a great health risk. Friends and relatives should not have to choose between attending and risking contagious conditions or staying home and disappointing the bride and groom IMHO. BTW, congrats, but please plan for another time.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If the ship doesn't sail, there's always the Justice of the Peace.

DH and I did that 40 years ago....cost was $25.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@sunshine45   Forgive me for butting in, but continuing to go on with the wedding as planned is putting guests, any people involved in the planning and the execution of the event at a great health risk. Friends and relatives should not have to choose between attending and risking contagious conditions or staying home and disappointing the bride and groom IMHO. BTW, congrats, but please plan for another time.

I disagree, a lot of time and MONEY goes into planning a wedding.  People have a choice to attend or not.  Life is still going on.

Esteemed Contributor

My grandson is getting married in May. It's not likely that they can expect anyone to attend. He and his fiancée decided they will go to City Hall on the originally planned date but have the reception when corona is done and we can get back to living our lives.