Honored Contributor

Getting married on a cruise? Oh no!

I knew this would happen to someone.  A friend has an invitation to a wedding on a cruise ship to the Dominican Republic.  I know these people but not well enough to get invited.  Seeing as cruise ship lines are shutting down, everything is in limbo.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Getting married on a cruise? Oh no!

Most cruise ships are no longer taking reservations or sailing. I'm sure the wedding will have to be moved to another venue. 

Honored Contributor

This is not a good time for a wedding. My TV is scrolling some church closings. My DH and I are scheduled to clean our church next week as we don't have a custodian.

Honored Contributor

If the ship doesn't sail, there's always the Justice of the Peace.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They should elope and save everyone the trouble, not to mention health risk.

Esteemed Contributor

My grandson is getting married at the end of May at an inn located on an island in the Chesapeake. All guests must travel by plane, train, or automobile to get there. My husband and I as well as my daughter, mother of the groom, are in vulnerable categories. I just heard a doctor say that people like me (73 with asthma) should not fly. My husband has Alzheimer's and my daughter takes two immunosuppressants for arthritis. My grandson told me he has examined all the contracts he and his fiancée signed for the wedding but I don't think they've made any decisions.

Honored Contributor

my daughters wedding is next weekend.

so far, approximately 20 have cancelled within the past week. luckily the hotel is working with us so that we wont have to pay for those who are cancelling.

some are local, some are within the usa, some were from canada.

not sure how many more to expect. we are expecting some from the uk and so far they are still planning on coming.

some have asked if we would consider postponing it. we said no, the wedding will go on as planned unless the hotel or the state prevents it from happening. this has been planned for over a year now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45  Oh i feel for you and your daughter.  Hopefully things will go as planned.

Respected Contributor

wow not a good thing at all!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

my daughters wedding is next weekend.

so far, approximately 20 have cancelled within the past week. luckily the hotel is working with us so that we wont have to pay for those who are cancelling.

some are local, some are within the usa, some were from canada.

not sure how many more to expect. we are expecting some from the uk and so far they are still planning on coming.

some have asked if we would consider postponing it. we said no, the wedding will go on as planned unless the hotel or the state prevents it from happening. this has been planned for over a year now.

@sunshine45 . I hope everything goes well for you and your daughter and family! Good luck with everything!