Honored Contributor

Re: Gather The Fall Harvest 🍂 🎃🔥🍁

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

Dear @possummink    We grew up with live cut Christmas trees too.  Until I got a job at a Christmas store and bought an artificial tree.  We wanted to enjoy the tree for a long time but using the lights dried out the trees and it became a fire hazard and mama wouldn't let us turn the lights on anymore.  I will always miss the live cut trees and the pine aroma they created.  

Your Norfolk pine tree is a wonderful solution to need to seek out another tree.  It couldn't be a more perfect tree for you to decorate and enjoy.  Love you, SC

@Sweet Caroline 1   A few years ago, I switched from live to faux trees, and amazon sells tubes with the scent of a real tree, so I just hang one of them on a tree out of sight.  I have wonderful memories of shopping for live trees, but now the size I need is cost prohibitive, and DH can't get such a large tree upstairs by himself, DD used to help him.  My faux living room tree looks real, nice and wide and reaches the ceiling.  There are stands on wheels so it can be wheeled into a closet for storage.

All around it is much easier and the tree can be left up for as long as one desires.  I have a white flocked, bought here, that stays up all year in what I call the red room, all red and white decor, and no one enters but me.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven, Rlossomed the lovely stars, The forget-me-nots of the angels. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Longf'

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sassy7356 wrote:

I remember having cats with real Christmas trees!  They always managed to get up in the middle of the tree and it would always topple over with water all over, lights strung way off the tree and broken ornaments.  Once we went to the fake trees we never had a problem with them and the tree.  I especially remember once my ex and I were at a Christmas party and the babysitter called us in a panic with what I described had happened.  She felt it was her fault so we paid her extra for that night and assured her it wasn't caused by anything she had done.

Now, our dogs have never bothered the tree not even a sniff of it.

@Sassy7356   My cats just liked to sleep under the tree, never a problem, maybe they knew by the way I decorated so much that they had better not destroy anything, lol.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

And we loved “Black Friday” just as much! Although we call it Green Friday and go for a long walk in the pine and wild-apple-scented woods and listen to the trees …

Trees have long been trying to reach us. But they speak on frequencies too low for people to hear.
Richard Powers  . . . The Overstory

Honored Contributor

This contains an image of: {{ pinTitle }}

@Puddles 

Puddles,  I am sorry to read that you've had some difficult days and i'm sending hugs and prayers,  keeping you close in my thoughts and heart.   I hope the Doctors can tweak the meds. to the perfect dosage for you.  Be safe and take good care, my Friend.   💖🙏