Honored Contributor

Re: Gather The Fall Harvest 🍂 🎃🔥🍁

Oh my goodness!!!  I just signed in and discovered the forums are finally back.  That's great news so just to make sure I am posting immediately to ensure they're really back and I can post successfully.  I missed all of you so much and hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the fall weather.  I hope all of our friends soon find us and catch up on reading and posting.

Yesterday was beautiful with lots of sun in the 60's and we were able to do outdoors cleanup of our flower gardens.  We had frost several days last week so all the flowers are gone for the year.  Today it's mostly cloudy, cold and windy so I worked indoors cleaning and rearranging the sunroom.  We expect rain on Friday (we need rain) and highs only in the 40's on Saturday and Sunday.

Ed is doing well and has two weeks left with G. Home Health Care.  He is a "miracle man" who expects to be discharged November 24th.  Yeah!!!  We are so grateful for the excellent care he has received in the past two months from the doctors, nurses, PT and OT, etc.  They are God's angels. 

Our church is serving a community Thanksgiving dinner and we plan to help with it.  Ed will be a greeter (he still tires easily) and I will work in filling the take-out and delivery orders.  The team is hoping to serve 175 meals, dining in, take out and reserved deliveries.  This is a wonderful mission opportunity to serve our community.

(((Hugs))) and love to all.  Heart 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

This contains an image of: {{ pinTitle }}

Success!!  My post is here. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

This contains an image of: {{ pinTitle }}

Success!!  My post is here. 

@AnikaBrodie 

Anika,   I really missed you and thought of you and Ed often, hoping he was continuing to do well with his recovery.   I am so glad to read he's doing just fine.  Awesome news.    

I tried just about everyday to sign in and got so frustrated and sad thinking I'd not be able to 'talk' to my friends here anymore.  Grateful for this forum reopening for us and hope it continues.  I'd be so lost without y'all.   

Thank you for the update and I am so glad to read your post.  Pets to sweet Alfie.   Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful.   Wish it was like that here.   💗🍁🍂🥰

Honored Contributor

07a Hugs    @1Snickers   Hello!

So happy to see you. How are you? How is your son?

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Respected Contributor

FR...Thanksgiving.jpg

Hello Ladies, missed you all.

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:
Hi Possum,

I am very glad to see you here. I have been wondering about you, and your kitties.

How are you all doing?

@Tissyanne 

Tissyanne,  I am doing pretty good, just finished sweeping some more leaves off of the driveway.   They are falling now at a pretty good clip.  

Below are a couple of cell phone pictures I took near the end of my driveway.   My Sassafras trees (the yellow leaves close to the car)  were just about ready to drop their leaves and the Autumn Flame Maple down the drive had dropped most of it's leaves.  It was so beautiful,  but the pictures don't do justice to the rich vibrant colors of the leaves on either tree(s). 

I should have taken the pictures earlier.  Yesterday I swept loads of leaves off of the drive near the back porch and side front door as we were supposed to get rain and it's a lot harder to get the leaves off of the driveway when they'er wet and packed together.   I don't have that much energy for sure.  I use my tractor to 'blow' the leaves when they all pile up on the drive.  I just life the mower deck and turn on the blades and let that action blow the leaves off of the paved area.   I don't rake leaves off of the lawns.  Too many good buggies and insects need the warmth of the leaf cover to survive our winter.  

The Ginkgo and Sugar Maples are just now showing their beautiful fall colors.  They're in the back and I need to walk out there and try to get a photo or two of their beauty.  🍂🍁

The cats are as active as ever, even Mattie at 18 years old.  She's slowing down some but then has days when she's acting years younger.  I still miss my Moose and tears fall just about everyday when I think of him and miss him so very much.   You know how that goes, I know.  

I hope your husband is really making good progress in healing from his injury and surgery.   It's such a painful process, trying to get an arm back into it's normal range and usage.  I am thankful for the relief I got years ago from cortisone injections into my shoulders,  Hurt like heck for a day or so, but then the pain was gone and I could use my arm.  "No pain, no gain" was what one of the techs said when I mentioned how the shot hurt for a day or so.  That held true for me.  

Pets to Amore and take care of yourself.   I wanted to post more about your brother but was unable to, but y'all were in my thoughts and prayers.  💖💗

Honored Contributor

86 Hello     @AnikaBrodie 

I missed you and I'm so happy to see you. We've been enjoying beautiful fall weather here in Tyler, too. 

I'm so pleased to hear that Ed continues to do well. Hugs to Alfie and you two.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

FREE WELCOME BACK SIGN ~ FALL WATERCOLOR by Sunny Days and Crayons  @Regal Bee 

It's nice to see you.

Honored Contributor

06 XOXO   

Just sitting here waiting to hear from @beastielove  @mousiegirl  @CherryHugs .....and @hellie jo, too.

Respected Contributor

@Puddles   What a beautiful heart you have.

You make me smile.................bless you!