Regular Contributor

Re: GIFTS YOU DO NOT WANT FOR THE HOLIDAYS

Sheesh, some of these responses are rough. Shaking my head...

Honored Contributor

We no longer buy adult gifts in my family, or in my husband's family,so the only people to buy me a gift would be granchildren, kids and hubby and they all know what I like.....

My girlfriends and I don;t exchange anymore either, we all go out to a nice dinner after the holidays! Makes it so much easier and a lot less stress! 

Honored Contributor

I have an endless list of gifts I do not want.  Please listen and get my point that I just don’t want more stuff, period.  

Regular Contributor

For those who hate store gift cards such as Target, Walmart, etc.   Use the card to buy toilet paper, paper towels, or cleaning supplies.  There is ALWAYS something that can be useful.

Restaurant/Starbucks gift cards are easily re-gifted.  Even Charities will take them to use at special events, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

My son gave me a HUGE box of coffee last year. It was mild, and no taste. Like drinking hot water! I saw it in a office supply store very cheap! Tossed most of it. 
 He usually gives me coffee pods. The expiration dates are bad. I told him the Maxwell House Original blend is "good to the last drop". 
  His Dad gave me Queen Anne chocolate cherries  every Christmas. They tasted like wax! I told him Hershey's is good!  🙄

Esteemed Contributor

No movie gift cards to a theatre that is no where close to where I live, especially since hubby is disabled.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops Just stop the gift giving and just enjoy a meal together somewhere. Only so much a person needs.And just enjoy one-another's company.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLouSo right!  My immediate family really never has done much holiday gift exchanging, and even among my friends, very few of us any longer need or want stuff added to life-long accumulations we're all trying to sort to donate or discard.

Add all that to the fact, that my family is, with the exception of several great-grand nieces and a nephew, all even beyond 21 and I know why I don't shop much for gifts, not even the from me to me I once did!

Respected Contributor

I get so few gifts that I'll take anything.

Honored Contributor

l appreciate anyone taking the time to give me something special. One thing that I do not like is any thing with glitter and the issue of trying to clean it up that has been left on any surface. The last three gifts from my SIL has been covered in glitter. She got from DH a special photo of me and my deceased Mom and had it put in a special frame with glitter enclosed and can't really see the precious photo- otherwise would have been a very special gift. The other a beautiful Christmas basket with glitter- I can still see specks of glitter on the couch and carpet. Travel cup with favorite team logo covered in glitter but SIL loves glitter and doesn't care about others dislike for glitter. I just no longer make any comments. Southern Bee