Honored Contributor

Re: GIFTS YOU DO NOT WANT FOR THE HOLIDAYS

Oh, please don't gift me something from Dollar Store wrapped in Nordstrom box. So very embarrassing when I try to return it!!!! 

Honored Contributor

I don't want anything you like, but never stopped to wonder if I would like it. It really is the thought that counts. My favorite gift is an Amazon gift card, so I can load my kindle with books !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Anything for the kitchen.  If it's an antique, that's totally diffrerent!

See the source image

Respected Contributor

We no longer buy or exchange gifts for Christmas. So the Christmas holidays are stress free. It's one of the best decisions we ever made.

Honored Contributor

I prefer not to receive gifts.  I really don't need anything.  Often I give away the gift cards and don't use them.  We still have a pile of unused gift cards from restaurants that I should address and pass on to others who will use them.

I, and my DH have asked our family not to give us anything..  My oldest son pays for satellite radio used mostly by his dad every year which is appreciated, we listen to it on our boat all summer long, but other than that, we don't get Christmas gifts.

Honored Contributor

I think if someone takes the time to buy me something that they think I would like, I graciously accept it and say thanks.

I cannot really think of anything anyone has bought me over the years that I really disliked. My kids know my taste and my husband always buys me jewelry, so what's not to like?

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

We no longer buy or exchange gifts for Christmas. So the Christmas holidays are stress free. It's one of the best decisions we ever made.

@deeva   We don't exchange gifts either...just give Hanukkah gifts to the granddaughters. Clients, God bless them, always bring gifts to DH's office...huge gift baskets w/ cheese, crackers and chocolates, bottles of wine, homemade cakes/cookies/breads and last year FRUIT CAKE!!!!!

Still need to purchase gift for hairstylist. Last year, Basso throw...she loved it...spend about $30. Any ideas welcomed!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

***If I receive an unwanted gift that I may regift, I put the name of the "giver" on the back w/ peel off tape. Definitely don't want to gift it back to same person. Lol

Honored Contributor

Anything I haven't asked for!

Unless I specifically asked for it, I really don't want it.

Honored Contributor

Gift cards, any and all.

Scented anything.

Donations to the givers favorite charity.

Anything with words on it, monograms are the exception.