Honored Contributor

Re: GETTING OUT OF TOWN....FIRST TRIP!!

@LindaSal   I'm organized, but very thorough. I'm always worried that I forgot something I need.

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your travels!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Enjoy and stay safe!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Enjoy your Dear ones.  it's been far too long.  We'll want to know all of all the excitement you can share!

Let me know when you come here so I can take off.Smiley Happy

I've alreaden taken time off for the Southern Highland Craft Fair in October.  Can't keep a girl down, esp when so many crafters are friends!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I'm actually leaving in a few days to fly down to Florida to see my mother.  I haven't seen her for almost two years and had planned on going last year of course.

I'm a bit nervous about the airport and plane and never like the whole flying experience to begin with.  I find packing to be a big chore and it always takes me so much longer than I expect it to.  I've started and have a lot of things packed and clothes pulled out in the spare bedroom.

I've actually shipped a few things own there and will be bringing all of my many supplements.

DH will stay at home and I will meet up with my brother at the airport.  I'm both excited and anxious.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9   Wow. Two years....what a wonderful visit. How long can you stay? I don't love flying, but usually take an over the counter antihistamine which makes me sleepy and before I know it, "tray tables up and seats in an upright position for landing". I can't believe I remembered that. I haven't flown anywhere in 2 years either.

Have a safe trip and enjoy being with your family. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Thanks!   I will be gone for a week. 

Honored Contributor

I rented  beach house at the end of June.  I'm buying sunscreen.

Other than that trip, I won't leave when the Guild has a show coming up.  (October)

Before that on the grounds of George Vanderbuilt's church in Biltmore Village there will be a show on the lawn with some Guild members and those that should join the Guild.

First weekend of August.  I've already taken off. lol!!!

Super Contributor

I have a master packing list that I've used for over 20 years! On it, there is every item I could possibly need to pack.

I have been on 6 trips in the last year. Enjoy your travels! 

Trusted Contributor

I've always kept a bag packed for my makeup/skincare and one for all the other girly stuff.  It's just easier than having to try to think what I need everytime I travel.  When I get home, I refill what is needed and I'm ready for the next trip.  I actually have a bag packed with all my "essentials", including phone cords, etc., so I don't have to worry about forgetting anything.

I've begun travelling back to NY to visit my family.  I was with them for a shortened Christmas holiday and got to spend Easter with them.  And now that I have a 6 month old great niece, I need to be ready to go!  By the way, we've all been vaccinated.