Honored Contributor

Re: Funny "topic" of conversation @ pool today - the dreaded Q letter!!😄

@151949

so true! I'm 25 years younger than most people here & sadly, most I've met over these years have passed, sick or have moved to independent/assisted living facilities.

When I think about when we moved here I couldn't live here I was too young! But spouse was ... 😲 Oh lucky me!!! Lol

New Contributor

Honored Contributor

My neighbor who is in her late 80's is a walking billboard for QVC, not sure why since she is very mobile and Lord and Taylor is her second home

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Normally, at pool same group of friends just hang out & chat.  Today, a new lady & her friend were in the pool & joined in our conversation.  She moved here 1 year ago & was telling us how hard it is to make friends, how neighbors are far from "friendly" & more...then she said said "I'm so bored & have insomnia so I shop QVC & HSN - my new best friend is the UPS guy!"

of course, I said "oh I shop a lot on both!" Although, I'm on a slowdown lately!

Then she said "have you ever got your account closed by QVC?" She then told us she got the "dreaded" letter due to buying & returning OR placing items on check (and never ends up sending check.  She can't order any longer. 

oh my I said that's bad! 😱Then the other lady with her said "her 2nd bedroom is a Q & HSN warehouse. And to think she buys & returns so much she spends a fortune! (Oh my, she must have done some shopping before the dreaded letter!!!)

Then one the ladies said "oh when so & so passed they had her estate sale deemed Home Shopping bonanza" great prices everything goes.  (Gee where was I that estate sale!)

I just was surprised because I've never met anyone who got the "letter".  I hope I don't!!! Lol

I never knew you could place items on "check". I would have thought they would have wanted payment arrangements in place prior to sending the item ordered.

And I would have liked to have gone to that estate sale too, @homedecor1 Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Newbie @TRH BUMPED UP an

OLD THREAD

QVC Customer Care

Bumped up thread blocked for commenting