Honored Contributor

Funny "topic" of conversation @ pool today - the dreaded Q letter!!😄

Normally, at pool same group of friends just hang out & chat.  Today, a new lady & her friend were in the pool & joined in our conversation.  She moved here 1 year ago & was telling us how hard it is to make friends, how neighbors are far from "friendly" & more...then she said said "I'm so bored & have insomnia so I shop QVC & HSN - my new best friend is the UPS guy!"

of course, I said "oh I shop a lot on both!" Although, I'm on a slowdown lately!

Then she said "have you ever got your account closed by QVC?" She then told us she got the "dreaded" letter due to buying & returning OR placing items on check (and never ends up sending check.  She can't order any longer. 

oh my I said that's bad! 😱Then the other lady with her said "her 2nd bedroom is a Q & HSN warehouse. And to think she buys & returns so much she spends a fortune! (Oh my, she must have done some shopping before the dreaded letter!!!)

Then one the ladies said "oh when so & so passed they had her estate sale deemed Home Shopping bonanza" great prices everything goes.  (Gee where was I that estate sale!)

I just was surprised because I've never met anyone who got the "letter".  I hope I don't!!! Lol

Honored Contributor

Re: Funny "topic" of conversation @ pool today - the dreaded Q letter!!😄

If I got "the letter", I'd be so ashamed I wouldn't mention it to anyone let alone a brand-new acquaintance.  No wonder she can't make new friends.  Everyone think she's some kind of deadbeat. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  I wonder if she's discovered the forums here and will recognize herself in your post.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda wrote:

@homedecor1  I wonder if she's discovered the forums here and will recognize herself in your post.

I know someone who's an avid QVC shopper and a big cheerleader for all things QVC.  I have often thought that she very well may post here regularly.  I have no idea - I've never asked her, and I don't intend to do so.  But more than once I've been vague when I post because.......you never know!, 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

actually I think the other ladies who are my friends were shocked...but I guess today they learned something new about me!!! 

lol! 

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda

@NYC Susan

oh well...I'm out of the "q closet" too!!! Lol

I don't think she was too concerned or it wouldn't be something to share. (It's not like she robbed a bank😯)

In my younger days of Q my neighbor & I were great at getting those packages before spouses got home ...we had it down to a "science".  We sometimes laugh about it now!!!

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

I know someone who's an avid QVC shopper and a big cheerleader for all things QVC.  I have often thought that she very well may post here regularly.  I have no idea - I've never asked her, and I don't intend to do so.  But more than once I've been vague when I post because.......you never know!, 

@NYC Susan  My sister knows I post here frequently.  I often wonder if she ever tries to find my posts.  I've never told her what my user ID is but I imagine she could find me without too much trouble.  Wonder if she'd be shocked? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@esmerelda

@NYC Susan

oh well...I'm out of the "q closet" too!!! Lol

I don't think she was too concerned or it wouldn't be something to share. (It's not like she robbed a bank😯)

In my younger days of Q my neighbor & I were great at getting those packages before spouses got home ...we had it down to a "science".  We sometimes laugh about it now!!!

I really just meant that I'm careful about potentially revealing my true identity to someone who might know me in real life.  And I'm careful if I mention friends/family too.  For me, it has nothing to do with being a QVC shopper, mostly because I rarely watch and rarely purchase.  It's more about the non-QVC topics here, sharing personal experiences, and things like that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@NYC Susan  My sister knows I post here frequently.  I often wonder if she ever tries to find my posts.  I've never told her what my user ID is but I imagine she could find me without too much trouble.  Wonder if she'd be shocked? 

It's funny you say that.  I was once on a support group forum (having to do with a family member), and I actually left because I worried that my sister might find it and recognize me there!  Not feeling that I could post honestly was a huge drawback and kind of defeated the purpose.  :-(

Of course these forums are different, so I wouldn't worry quite as much here.  But I far prefer to be as anonymous as possible, so I still think you're brave!  :-)

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@homedecor1  I wonder if she's discovered the forums here anBYd will recognize herself in your post.

It's funny you say that.  I was once on a support group forum (having to do with a family member), and I actually left because I worried that my sister might find it and recognize me there!  Not feeling that I could post honestly was a huge drawback and kind of defeated the purpose.  :-(

Of course these forums are different, so I wouldn't worry quite as much here.  But I far prefer to be as anonymous as possible, so I still think you're brave!  :-)

I had a friend recognize me on here years ago. Someone had shamed me about a beauty product not being cruelty free (I had said I knew of some replacement products but hadn't tried them, but someone was upset of a discontinued item) and she kept emailing me as if I shouldn't let the snide comment go. I did let it go, it's a good thing cruelty free, but hard to do with everything put in your cart at the store, not just beauty. Anyway, it was weird because she never spoke of my posts before, and she thought I was should be so insulted and kept trying to get me to snark back. I didn't know how long she was reading my posts because she claims not to post herself. I had changed my user I'D then didn't post in a while.