Trusted Contributor

Forums going to stay open now?

TO QVC 'POWERS THAT BE'..:  The fact of the matter is -in my case, when I come to the forums, I first have to click on the QVC website and I automatically gaze at what's being offered on the front page that comes up...be it the TSV, or whatever. I have made many, many purchases that way, never intending to buy anything but rather just check the forums.  When you decided to 'close up the forums,' I knew immediately I would not be going to the QVC website anymore - which in turn would cost you many sales.  Do what you want, I've moved to the 'proboards' now...the people who decided to close the forums in the first place need their pink slips, as far as I'm concerned.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Forums going to stay open now?

@sarahpanda wrote:

TO QVC 'POWERS THAT BE'..:  The fact of the matter is -in my case, when I come to the forums, I first have to click on the QVC website and I automatically gaze at what's being offered on the front page that comes up...be it the TSV, or whatever. I have made many, many purchases that way, never intending to buy anything but rather just check the forums.  When you decided to 'close up the forums,' I knew immediately I would not be going to the QVC website anymore - which in turn would cost you many sales.  Do what you want, I've moved to the 'proboards' now...the people who decided to close the forums in the first place need their pink slips, as far as I'm concerned.

@sarahpandaWhy are you taking this so personal. You are still posting on this board, so they might get you for a few more sales.

Honored Contributor

Yes, while signing on, I'd see things I wanted to buy. I'm back on these boards! Thanks, QVC!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda wrote:

Wow and yet @sarahpanda here you are on QVC's site and on the forum - looks like  your not really through with it after all.

Respected Contributor

So happy to hear that the blogs will be staying. When I thought they would be closed I realized how much I would miss them.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of the blogs - I don't think I've ever actually visited their blogs here.   I assume it's host and vendor blogs to advertise product, so I just never went there.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Speaking of the blogs - I don't think I've ever actually visited their blogs here.   I assume it's host and vendor blogs to advertise product, so I just never went there.  

@chickenbutt 

In my experience, the blogs were to push product.

Super Contributor

@ECBG , @chickenbutt , come to think of it, I've never looked at a BLOG either.  

As for these forums, I question the backpeddling and rather vague new updated announcement.  And now that we have the new forum with proboards, it no longer matters to me.

I just want everyone who wants to, to be able to find it and sign up.  So far there's almost 900 members!

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Respected Contributor

Re: Forums going to stay open now?Mu

[ Edited ]

In addition to the carefully worded statement QVC has made in regard to keeping this board open, I'm not unhappy that a new board was opened for almost 900 members and counting who have signed up. I must admit, it's nice not having to have a credit card sign up pop-up constantly pushed at you.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Valued Contributor

People were complaining because they felt like QVC wasn't listening to them. Well, it didn't seem to take long for QVC to listen to the posters here. I'm glad that QVC did listen and responded by keeping these forums open. Thank you QVC.