Trusted Contributor

Any ideas when you will be returning to the office? We haven't heard anything and I am guessing by the end of summer.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

Re: For those working from home

I've heard this work at home thing has worked so well for many companies, that they're making it permanent.  I'd really miss the daily interaction with co-workers.  I enjoyed them so much before I retired.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Just guessing here but for me, realistically - not sure I'll return until after Labor Day. I work in DC and the city is just starting to open a few things this Friday (outdoor dining etc).

Esteemed Contributor

Mid-July, but like other companies, it has worked so well, we are adjusting our policy. I fully intend to work "more" at home....I'll probably do a mix.

Esteemed Contributor

My office hasn't said when yet. It's supposed to be partial return, not the full staff when it happens.

I work at home all the time. I don't ever plan on going back to the office for any reason.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband's company divided people into 3 groups. Those that need to be in the office, those that could go either way, and those that can stay home. Fortunately he is in the last group. I would be surprised if he goes back this year. The first group won't go back until late July or August. 

Trusted Contributor

Greece has openned the stores on Monday.

My shop is now openned, I have four employees but guesss what, I cannot travel to Athens since US and UK are the ban list.

I say UK because I have a connected flight from London, d**** Greeks!

So I am here in the house waitting, standiing and getting pretty. Woman Tongue

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've heard this work at home thing has worked so well for many companies, that they're making it permanent.  I'd really miss the daily interaction with co-workers.  I enjoyed them so much before I retired.

@Kachina624, me too. I much prefer working at the office. I enjoyed the comradery and the professional atmosphere. I don't like combining my home with my job.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm guessing return will be mid August or early September.  Won't know more until mid July.  

I hope if more people work from home, it will help with the greenhouse gases.  Globally, there was a 17% drop, although I'm sure we can't maintain that.  

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing official, only speculation from late summer until the end of the calendar year. We do know it will be a phased approach to return and not all at once.

Daycare remains closed so that's a concern for those employees who need it.

It's so peaceful at home I'm considering not returning at all. Sad to say but I don't miss anyone.