Esteemed Contributor

Re: For those of you who have to change your clocks.

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

People really like having that extra daylight in the afternoons, but come Fall it can be a problem in the morning with kids and the school buses with it still being dark.  

The last thing Arizona needs is another hour of sunlight and miserable heat in summer. That's why I'm glad we don't change. 

Honored Contributor

@patbz   wonder who put that idea in the hopper-   Maybe ask one of your senators what the thinking was?? 

Frequent Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I wish they'd hurry and pass it!

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee -

Me too!

I get up early and it always seems like hours before it is not dark outside. Like when does the rest of the world wake up?!

To me it feels very unnatural to have much of the early morning in darkness and light at 9pm in the evening!

And yeah it must be depressing for kids and parents going to school in the dark.

But I will be surprised if it actually does change to standard time and never having to change the clocks.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Meowingkitty THANK YOU for using the correct term: Daylight Saving Time. I grit my teeth when I hear someone say "savings" time. Just a little bugaboo I have!

I totally understand.  In my state a lot of people call it "slow time" and "fast time".  I have lived here for years and still can't remember what time they are referring to.  I think "slow time" is standard and "fast time" is daylight savings time.  Not sure.  Another thing they say that bugs me is when they say they "have sugar" to explain their diabetes.  Sorry for going off topic.

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

I've lived in 3 different time zones (more than once)....and I worked graveyard for years.......so the time doesn't matter all that much.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I hate changing my time.  Maybe we should notify our DC folks that we want this to just go away for good.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoesnbags wrote:

What I can't understand is why this hasn't already happened.  Who would be opposed to it?  Are there people who actually like to change clocks (and their body rhythms) twice a year?  A bill to end this craziness seems like a no brainer.

@shoesnbags 

"Who would be opposed"? I guess the ones that can actually change it. They seem too busy doing things that many really oppose. Why spend time on something, I am guessing, a BIG majority would like to see happen?

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Foxxee -

Me too!

I get up early and it always seems like hours before it is not dark outside. Like when does the rest of the world wake up?!

To me it feels very unnatural to have much of the early morning in darkness and light at 9pm in the evening!

And yeah it must be depressing for kids and parents going to school in the dark.

But I will be surprised if it actually does change to standard time and never having to change the clocks.

@on the bay It's more about safety than it is about depression.  It's bad enough in daylight when people either get in a hurry or are just not paying attention and they don't stop for bus.  Being dark outside just exacerbates the problem. 

For me, I just have difficulty waking up when it's still dark outside.  I have to do it all winter and it's just now getting where I wake up before my alarm goes off because it's light outside, and the time change will mess that up.  It won't be pitch dark, but it will still be more difficult for another month or so.