Esteemed Contributor

Re: For those of you who have to change your clocks.

I would love it if I didn’t have to change the clocks .... hope they pass the law 😉🥰

Honored Contributor

People really like having that extra daylight in the afternoons, but come Fall it can be a problem in the morning with kids and the school buses with it still being dark.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know others want DST, but I'm hoping for Standard Time.  

The reason for me:

The chronic effects may last throughout
the months of DST because in many people, social clocks and body clocks remain set to different times; the body clock does not adjust to DST social clock time even over months.

That is me.  Although, it's only one hour, I could not adjust to the new time regardless of how much I tried in the past.  Standard Time feels like home to me.

For a study done by:  (See link at the end.) 

Institute for Medical Psychology, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany, Centre for Chronobiology, Psychiatric Clinics, University of Basel, Switzerland, Chronobiology, Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, UK, Department of Psychiatry and Center for Circadian Biology, University of California,  Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado at Boulder, Surrey Sleep Research Centre, School of Biosciences and Medicine, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, UK, Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Department of Psychology and the Center for Circadian Biology, University of California, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and Harvard University

Why Should We Abolish Daylight Saving Time? (cet.org)

From another study done by UCLA

This lack of morning light can have serious impact on our biological clocks, which control the body’s many daily rhythms including our sleep and wakefulness cycle. Humans require adequate morning light so that our internal biological rhythms synchronize properly to the local time.

There’s a wealth of data demonstrating that a lack of exposure to light leads to sleep and metabolic disorders, depression and cardiovascular disease, among other ailments.

NoToPermanentDSTpackage.pdf (srbr.org)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

Why would Arizona be in Pacific zone?  We are on Mountain standard time, all the time!  I love that Arizona doesn't change time.

———————

When the rest of the country is on daylight saving time, Arizona is the same time as the West Coast, Pacific time. I wish they would just keep everything at standard time year-round. @patbz that’s why the TSV starts at 9:00 during the summer 😀.  

Honored Contributor

I'd favor standard time year around. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

All for it!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm for it too!

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

We did that back during the gas shortages.

Wasn’t a fan, went to school in the pitch dark.

====

I remember going to school in total darkness during the 70's energy crisis. Parents, and bus drivers,  felt it was very unsafe for kids waiting alone at the end of rural roads. Back then, no parent ever accompanied their child to the bus. It's okay by me to change the clocks.

Respected Contributor

I have a better idea....

Let's NOT change the clocks this weekend and leave it forever......

I don't need to give up an hour's sleep when I spend days of 16 hrs on my feet.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I hope they pass it. So stupid to change our time. I don't like it since it takes me several days to get back in the swing of things. You would not think 1 hour would feel like so much longer.

Maybe they need one hour more of daylight because they're afraid of the dark! hahahaha!!!!   come on, laugh!  Smiley Happy