Respected Contributor

Re: For the Man Who Has Everything

Can you find anything on Groupon for your area? Last year I found a flight lesson (airplane) on special. We also have traditional gifts....I usually give my BF a 2 lb bag of pistacio nuts. Or gift card for Harbour Freight. 

Does he like to read? The Orange Co (Orlando FL) library offers out of state memberships for $125 a year. One of the largest on-line libraries and you can sign up remotely. 

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Sooner as you live in okc..can you recommend a good car wash near Edmond...

@dex I wish I could, but I'm not there often enough to have my car washed there.  I love the new Costco though. LOL!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner @My son lives close to the Costco...probably see you in there this year when we cisit

Respected Contributor

@pommom . My son in law is very hard to buy for. last Christmas I gave him a book of 8  car washes from the place where he has his car washed. He is very particular about his car so I know that he used these. He also likes plants so this year I am going to give him a gift certificate to Pike's nursery. I like to give something that I know people will get some enjoyment or use from. I give my daughter and son in llaw a joint gift card to their favorite restaurant each year.  As people get older they really don't need things. They already have them. 

Respected Contributor

Here are my go-to's for such people. I give one or more depending on the occasion and person.

• Annual membership to a local car wash
  • Harry's shave club.  Razors and shaving supplies sent x times a year.
  • Wine of the month club
  • Audible subscription 
  • Sock of the month subscription (crazy, fun dress socks)
  • Snack box of the month club
  • Costco membership
  • Free dry cleaning coupons
Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl 

Great ideas!  

Something came to mind today.  There is a section in Dallas that offers horse-drawn carriage rides at Christmas in a very posh neighborhood decked with beautiful Christmas regalia.  Think I'll look into that.

Also, the Harry's shave club did occur to me a couple of days ago.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH is very hard to shop for.He never says he wants or needs anything. When ever my son or I want to give him something special we book a weekend to Atlantic City or NYC. It usually includes a nice hotel room, gift certificate to a fancy restaurant & show tickets. DH loves it!! 
   DH also loves to fish so for Father's Day my son always gets him a prepaid voucher for two on his favorite boat.