Super Contributor

Re: For Those Of You With Fear, Types Of Pitt Bulls

No, she is single. 

Respected Contributor

@pinkcrystal wrote:

I never thought I'd post about a pit bull, but last month I got bitten by my daughter's pit bull.  The dog bit me while I was petting her other dog (which is not a pit bull.) I literally had to pry the dogs jaw open to make it let go of my hand and when I did, the pit bull went after the other dog.  It was HORRIBLE.  Luckily the other dog only suffered a minor injury but what I witnessed has totally changed my opinion about the breed.  Up until then, I truly thought it was an owner problem, but I believe now it IS the breed.  

My DD got bit by a pit bull last month and had to go to emergency.  Luckily did not require any stitches.  She was visiting a friend (owner of the pit bull) and when my DD turned her back to speak to her, the pit bull attacked the other dog in the house.  My DD and her friend tried to pry the pit bull off the other dog.  Her friend pulled at his collar and my DD tried to pull him back off the dog.  He let go of the the dog and bit her in the hand.

The dog was quarantined for 10 days.  She has made attempts to follow up with her friend, but unfortunately, her friend has not returned her calls.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

Her friend is most likely afraid she will get turned in for having a vicious animal or to pay medical bills, etc.  

Esteemed Contributor

I would never, ever set foot in my daughter's home again unless that dog was closed up in another room while I was there.