Esteemed Contributor

For Knitters and Crocheters: A cute-Silly Photo

I had just started to block my recently completed neck shawl, when my DD and GD arrived.  4-1/2 granddaughter came over to me and asked what I was doing, so I explained the process.  She then said, "I'll do it for you."  Then a few minutes later:  "Oma, you're all blocked up."

Blocking - Leela helping.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: For Knitters and Crocheters: A cute-Silly Photo

Sweet!

I usually get help from the cat

Respected Contributor

LOL....

beautifl shawl ! I love your yarn choices and colors !

Honored Contributor

I love that story.  I hope you teach her your craft.  What a wonderful gift you could give her.  That's beautiful too.  @sfnative

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful!!! Love the colors..

Honored Contributor

@sfnative,

Your granddaughter,

https://78.media.tumblr.com/3c21e68185ecbe9ec519d98e37155de4/tumblr_mmlbanxv7L1s2jlrho1_400.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I love that story.  I hope you teach her your craft.  What a wonderful gift you could give her.  That's beautiful too.  @sfnative

@qualitygal

I will for sure.  She's already asked about it.  Have been watching her fine motor skills develop and, frankly, we'll need to wait a bit.  However, her gross skills are excellent: this girl can swim, jump, run, climb, leap, trampoline, etc., with the best of them.  She's great at creating stories and likes to make up little theatrical plays, having everyone in the room take a part and she plays the director and one of the parts.  I do have her sit on my lap while I'm crocheting, then will have her place her hands on top of mine, so she gets the feeling of flow and movement.  With her, will probably wait until she's 7.  With some girls, you can start at 5 or 6.

Esteemed Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

LOL....

beautifl shawl ! I love your yarn choices and colors !

Thank you!  I really like the colors as well.  It's a one skein project.  The yarn is from "Threads & Loops," which I can only find at Michael's.

Esteemed Contributor

@meallen616

Thank you so much for the sparkly "Cute."  I'll have to show that to Leela (GD) later today.

(Last week she "informed" me that she wanted me to make her a Moana for her birthday next month.  Ugh - another tiny amigurumi - but, she does love them.  Am more than halfway through the Star Wars bunch.)

Leela with Jabba-Stormtrooper-Vader.jpg

Trusted Contributor

She is just adorable, @sfnative and so bright, too! 😇

I love the shawl- lovely colors you selected and the pattern.