Esteemed Contributor

Re: ❓❓ For Anyone Who Sells On EBay Please

Since you're selling clothing, bedding, shoes, @butterfly123 , it will be to your benefit to include a statement about all items have been stored in a pet free/smoke free environment (if that's true.)

There's a standardised statement to this effect on eBay. You'll see it with some sellers.

My friend is allergic to smoke and seeks out only those sellers.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123 wrote:

@x Hedge 

Thank you 😊 

I have new clothing such as RL pants, Dennis Basso coats, Organic cotton clothing, tank tops, pullover hoodies.

Isomers

Apple WiFi extender (gifted to us)

cotton bedding

new shoes, boots and handbags 

@butterfly123 I've been an eBay seller for over 20 years.   You won't make a lot on the clothing or bedding items.  The shoes, boots and handbags depend on what brands they are.  Apple products sell well.  Isomers products also sell pretty well, depending on the specific product and if it was recently purchased.

Expect to be charged a 10% final value fee from eBay when the item sells and another 2 to 3% to PayPal for payment processing.  Check what other sellers are selling similar items for and price your items competitively.   It may take a while to build a good reputation as a seller.  If possible, use your own photos instead of copying and pasting them from a website, especially with the clothing, boots, shoes and handbags.  Buyers like to see the exact item they are buying.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Ah, clothes and accessories!  I'm a very *visual* person.  Aesthetics are a huge deal (breaker!) to me.

Any piece of clothing spread out on the floor is a turn off.  Shoes on the table or counter, same.  

Having a pretty backdrop is good.

Hanging wrinkled garments from a rafter in a wet basement is bad.

I've seen it all, just perusing.

Clear shots of items, good descriptions, accurate measurements and polite instructions-- not demands, about purchasing.

Good luck with the items you mentioned, I hope you do well!

Honored Contributor

ebay

buyers can return long past 30 days, so heads up on that

depending on what you are selling look at mercari less commision , or Posh for clothing and home stuff

personally I would look at those first then do the bay

check out reddit for info.   

regardless of which platform you use

clear pix and good descriptions,  would you want to buy it

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123 wrote:

I have watched many you tube videos, read about selling tips and searched for the best information. 

All these people have conflicting information.

Please, would you share some of your best information and tips with me? 

I need to pay my medical bills. 

@butterfly123 

Another option for you is find an ebay consigner in your area. You drop your items off and they list it and ship it for you. I think you can find one by running a search by your zipcode. There's info right on ebay as well. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@butterfly123 wrote:

@x Hedge 

Thank you 😊 

I have new clothing such as RL pants, Dennis Basso coats, Organic cotton clothing, tank tops, pullover hoodies.

Isomers

Apple WiFi extender (gifted to us)

cotton bedding

new shoes, boots and handbags 

Sorry, it looks like you are just trying to sell off a few dozen items.  My previous post was assuming you were starting an eBay business.

You have nothing to lose by opening an account to sell a few items.  Go for it and good luck!!

@Abrowneyegirl 

I would like to open a shop so I have continual monthly income. Trying to find a company to work With is the issue.

Thank you 

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Ah, clothes and accessories!  I'm a very *visual* person.  Aesthetics are a huge deal (breaker!) to me.

Any piece of clothing spread out on the floor is a turn off.  Shoes on the table or counter, same.  

Having a pretty backdrop is good.

Hanging wrinkled garments from a rafter in a wet basement is bad.

I've seen it all, just perusing.

Clear shots of items, good descriptions, accurate measurements and polite instructions-- not demands, about purchasing.

Good luck with the items you mentioned, I hope you do well!

totally agree,  or a messy bed , just no thanks

and @butterfly123  I found it's learning on the job, 

Trusted Contributor

@butterfly123 

Also some libraries and community centers have classes for getting started. Google that too for resources in your neighborhood. Local community colleges may offer classes free for seniors. 

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

I have been selling on EBay for 10 years. Sales used to be really good, but, something has changed in the last couple of years -- not much selling, unless you are willing to just about give it away. Some have said it is due to China flooding the market with all kinds of merchandise. Of course, it also depends on what you at are selling and how much demand there is for it. I primarily deal in jewelry items and that area is totally saturated. If your items are handmade or vintage, I would go with Etsy over Ebay. They are much more trustworthy than Ebay. As a seller, EBay really sticks it to you on their fees and always siding on the buyer's side if there is any kind of dispute. 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Contributor

I used to sell a lot on Ebay but I don't anymore.  The fees will cost you more than 11% and so many buyers try to rip you off by saying object is damaged so you will offer then some money back so they do not file a claim.  Instead, I sell things on Facebook Marketplace for free and I meet them at the corner convenience store.  I also joined 8-10 local facebook groups that sell merchandise in my town.  So much easier than Ebay!!!!