Valued Contributor

@ Andreatoo - You reminded me of how much I love pepper and egg subs!  I am originally from NY, and we had the best ones there in the good old days in Italian delis.  They are never on the menu in Ca., where I live now.  I also love a good sausage, pepper and sauteed onion sub.  Sometimes I've had them out here, but they never taste as good as I remember.

The diners in NY also had the best tuna salad.  It was white tuna in a whipped consistency mixed with mayo and shredded celery.  Used to love it on tye toast.

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

@ Andreatoo - You reminded me of how much I love pepper and egg subs!  I am originally from NY, and we had the best ones there in the good old days in Italian delis.  They are never on the menu in Ca., where I live now.  I also love a good sausage, pepper and sauteed onion sub.  Sometimes I've had them out here, but they never taste as good as I remember.

The diners in NY also had the best tuna salad.  It was white tuna in a whipped consistency mixed with mayo and shredded celery.  Used to love it on tye toast.

@Tessa Mendoza 

Aren't they wonderful?! And the funny thing is I'm not even a big pepper fan but the combination of the two with the olive oil on the crusty bread?? Just perfect

I used to be able to find them at your no frills family style Italian restaurants/ pizza joints but they seem to have fallen off the face of the earth

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@DiAnne 

I'm sure California is great for Mexican!

Are you good about trying new things?

@Andreatoo 

I am - I grew up on ethnic foods.  I love Asian flavors.  I was eating sushi when I was a kid.  A lunch of really good Dim Sum is my idea of heaven.  

@DiAnne 

I wasn't exposed to Japanese cuisine as a child but as a young adult I really liked it. It did take a few sakes before I tried the raw stuff! LOL But children, at a young age, like to eat what mom and dad are eating so my daughter's been feasting on sushi and raw oysters since she was nine months old!

I love trying new things and it's a lot of fun to turn on others to something new and delicious

Respected Contributor

Eating lots of fresh European bread and croissants!  

Honored Contributor

Bisquik, is the person who doesn't cook or can't cook best friend.