Honored Contributor

Food talk: What is your favorite........

Soup? To order out or make it at home? Do you eat it oftern? (weather permitting)

I've never really been big on soups, stews, chilis and the like but there are a couple that I love.

You can't beat the Italians for putting it in a bread bowl! Fabulous! And then there's matzoh ball...yum. I think I'm just in to carbs! lol

I can count on 1 hand the times I've actually made soup and 2 of those were yellow split pea with a chicken base

Do you order the soup or the salad? What are YOUR favorites?

Respected Contributor

Re: Food talk: What is your favorite........

Tortilla soup from the Mermaid Bar at Neiman Marcus North Star Mall Dallas. It is by far the best tortilla soup I have ever eaten, and I have eaten a lot. I have the recipe but it never tastes exactly the same. If you go there have the Mermaid sampler: a half sandwich, a cup of tortilla soup, and a fruit salad. My acid reflux means I'll probably never get to have it again, but if you do, enjoy it for me. Ask for a glass of their iced spiced tea. You will not be sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

Love French Onion and hearty Potato soups.  Haven't mastered either one unfortunately but enjoy them in the fall and winter when going out. 

Honored Contributor

A really good she-crab soup; lobster bisque or a good rich New England clam chowder!  

Do I see a pattern here?????

Honored Contributor

Chicken stew - I make it myself.  I don't tend to eat soups at restaurants but, if I do, it would be fish chowder (or lobster).

Trusted Contributor

I make a chicken soup with a whole uncooked chicken in the winter.

My favorite to order out is french onion.  Yum..........French-Onion-Soup-2781.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo  My favorite is homemade minestrone.  I love it with fresh, homemade crusty Italian bread.  I make it at home.  

When eating out, I will usually order something I don't make at home, like Manhattan or New England clam chowder.   

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Make at home: Maryland Crab, Gazpacho, French Onion, and San Antonio (White) Chicken Chili

Ordering out: Mushroom, Cheddar, Cold Strawberry, and any kind of Lentil 

My current favorite is Ten Vegetable by Panera - love it!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beef Barley is my favorite to make. It's my son's favorite. We can eat it all year round even in 90 degree heat! I like Lobster Bisque when I go out, and to New England. Whe we were on a HAL cruise dining @ the Pinnacle Grille,they had the most smooth and delightful Lobster Bisque we ever had!  PS I forgot the Manhattan Clam Chowder@ the Oyster Bar in Grand Central! 

Honored Contributor

I love minestrone, ham and bean, and potato.  I enjoy it more in cooler months.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan