Respected Contributor

Re: Food talk: What is your favorite......

@Andreatoo  OMG...  I completely forgot about the Almond cookies you posted.  LOVE LOVE LOVE those.  They are beyond delicious.  You can taste the good ingredients they use.   I may have to get a box!

Respected Contributor

Pepperidge Farm Chessman cookies, so buttery. Almost all of their varieties. For homemade, chocolate chip with walnuts. Another related category is biscotti, scones & rugelach. Great replies here! I need cookies right now!
Respected Contributor

Chocolate chip (homemade) and Pepperidge Farm Brussel cookies.  My daughter and I just discover Crumbl.  Turns out we have one near us.  Went for the first time last week.  The line was out the door.  They were good to okay, a little dry for me.  We went early  evening so we thought we try it again earlier in the day.  They have a rotating menu.  Comes out with 4 new cookies every week on social media....Tik Tok, YouTube, etc.  I guess I'm going to have to do more research.

Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01  After having Stoopwafels in Holland I ran across them in the Dollar General store. They were individuality wrapped and up front by the check out. I was with someone who worked in one and she pointed them out to me.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

Just going to post for the record that nothing is as good as my mom's homemade cookies! Totally spoiled me. I used to help her make them as a child. 

Before my mom passed away in 2012, she gave me all her cookie recipes. I am carrying on the tradition of making and sharing them with family, friends, and others. Some of her recipes that people request me to make often include: oatmeal sugar crunchies, pecan jelly thumbprints, spice cookies, sugar cookies, molasses squares, and whirl-o-way oatmeal cookies.

I'm not really a fan of store bought cookies. If I have to choose I'd pick Golden Oreos and Pinwheels. A few Pepperidge Farm & Girl Scout varieties are ok. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

In general I'm not a fan of store bought cookies.  I could consume an entire box of Walkers Shortbread.

Walkers Shortbread Fingers Shortbread Cookies, 5.3 Ounce Box

Honored Contributor

I am also not a fan of "store bought" cookies but Trader Joe's has some pretty good ones.  My favorite is the thin ginger snap spread with Brie cheese.  

Contributor

Mallomars are my favorite store bought cookies.

For homemade I like chocolate chip and linzer tarts!!

Honored Contributor

One of my all-time favorite homemades is kind of like a cookie/candy, but it's called a No Bake Cookie.   I got a recipe off the internet many years ago and have enjoyed them so much over the years.  Been a while - need to make more.  Smiley Happy   It's chocolate, peanut butter, oats, I add raisins to mine, and the usual sugar/butter/etc.   Super easy to make and, well, no baking!  Smiley Happy

No Bake Cookies {Perfect Every Time!} - Cooking Classy

Respected Contributor

I remember when I was a teenager in the 60's , my dad's favorite cookie was a peanut butter/oatmeal cookie sandwich called Gauchos.  Do they still make those?