Honored Contributor

Re: Food Combos Others Love But You Dislike

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

Thirty years ago my daughter, who at the time worked for an upscale restaurant in Manhattan, decided that she wanted to add a special dessert to her wedding dinner. In 1991 dollars we spent $650 to add strawberries and balsamic vinegar to the menu. It was awful! Nobody ate that cr@pola. I made sure, however, that I ate as much as I could while drinking champagne. With each sip,the concoction tasted a little bit better.

@Vivian   Strawberries with an excellent balsamic vinegar to me is delicious. I use a skinny bottle that cost me thirty dollars. You can't use a grocery store balsamic vinegar.

@proudlyfromNJ 

@Vivian 

My high school French teacher invited her students to her home for dinner and for dessert she presented us with fresh strawberries and bowls of sour cream and brown sugar.

Dip the berry in sour cream, then roll in brown sugar.

Changed my life.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:
Green bean casserole!

.   Oh I'm with you on this one.  That is the worst dish ever.  We went to friends for Thanksgiving lunch years ago and it was on the table.  I'd never seen nor heard of it so I asked what it was.  I took a small bit to be polite, ate one bite and sorta spread it around my plate.  Terrible thing.  

Honored Contributor

Wow...I also hate sour cream on potatoes...save it for baking a pound cake....and cream cheese has no business being on a bagel....I am also one of ten people in existence who does t like Reese’s cups.
Esteemed Contributor

Ritz crackers plus...well, anything.  I hate Ritz crackers.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org