Honored Contributor

Re: Food Combos Others Love But You Dislike

[ Edited ]

You're welcome, @proudlyfromNJ and @ECBG!   It was interesting to me, too, to see what was up with this combination that I had considered the norm.   Yes, on occasion I still eat the PB&Mayo combo, though not often.   It does bring to mind fond memories of family, home and hearth, and the more substantial southern fare prepared with love.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Thirty years ago my daughter, who at the time worked for an upscale restaurant in Manhattan, decided that she wanted to add a special dessert to her wedding dinner. In 1991 dollars we spent $650 to add strawberries and balsamic vinegar to the menu. It was awful! Nobody ate that cr@pola. I made sure, however, that I ate as much as I could while drinking champagne. With each sip,the concoction tasted a little bit better.

Super Contributor

Sauerkraut and pork.

Trusted Contributor

just a couple....ice cream that they load with chunky candy, peanuts, carmel peices, nuts, etc.....if I wanted all that, I would of bought a candy bar....where's the ice cream?

burritos, enchilatas, or tacos stuffed with rice! it's okay separate but....rice is for me, asian foods

Trusted Contributor

I am with you candyagain on the cilantro...gack! tastes medicinal....we ordered nachos the other night and I didn't know they put cilantro on it....I could not eat it....what happened taco bell they don't use green onions...last time I go

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Vivian wrote:

Thirty years ago my daughter, who at the time worked for an upscale restaurant in Manhattan, decided that she wanted to add a special dessert to her wedding dinner. In 1991 dollars we spent $650 to add strawberries and balsamic vinegar to the menu. It was awful! Nobody ate that cr@pola. I made sure, however, that I ate as much as I could while drinking champagne. With each sip,the concoction tasted a little bit better.

@Vivian   Strawberries with an excellent balsamic vinegar to me is delicious. I use a skinny bottle that cost me thirty dollars. You can't use a grocery store balsamic vinegar.

Respected Contributor

I detest peanut butter and jelly and  peanut butter and chocolate. I will fess up that when I was young in the 50's my grandmother gave me peanut butter, mayonnaise and banana sandwiches. I remember it was good. Beats the heck out of liver and onions.  Haven't had it in many many years. And yes I am a southerner. 

Honored Contributor

Cocktail sauce with shrimp.  I only eat tartar sauce with shrimp.

Also, chocolate with mint.  It's like eating chocolate while trying to brush your teeth.

Honored Contributor

My mother's favorite sandwich is still peanut butter and Kraft sandwich spread; our household was never without these 2 foods when I was growing up.   

I'd like to have a dollar for every one of these sandwiches I made for her on laundry day!   She likes them heavy on the peanut butter and heavy on the sandwich spread.   I have never seen my mother eat a peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwich.  

Respected Contributor

I can't eat chocolate and peanut butter together. They're both so rich on their own that putting them together is just too much.