Honored Contributor

6175EFE2-049E-4CBD-AFC0-0E5BD1859F95.jpeg

My Joys - Some profound, others simple, but all bring me joy in some way. 

My husband, family, & friends. Music & singing. Our dog. Looking through old family photo albums. Beautiful animal photography. Being around and observing nature. A vacation to the beach. Rewatching old favorite movies & rereading favorite books. Christmas lights. Jigsaw puzzles. Cherry pie. Chocolate.

Feel free to share your “joys”.

Valued Contributor
The one who brings me most joy is my daughter. Also, in no particular order, doing good deeds for others, lobster with drawn butter, breaded fried scallops, certain family members, certain friends (one in particular), good health, good movies, Christmas spirit and the true meaning, the holiday decorations, funny people who make me laugh, my weekly church sermons, being with people I love, etc.
Honored Contributor

I have learned over the years that happiness is a choice. When I was young I was easily thrown by the usual traumas, but time taught me to appreciate the good times , small victories, loved ones and friends. I think it is one of the few " prizes " we are awarded for old age and experience. I'm not saying I'm never sad, sometimes heartbroken, but I still appreciate life. JMO 🌷

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Joy comes from acceptance and gratitude.  And good memories.

I tend to think this only comes with age and learning lessons.  The young might be happy, but not content.

Esteemed Contributor

My joys - a good life and a wonderful Resource on days I need truth and comfort. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Re: Focus on Joy

[ Edited ]

@wilma 

While I do not agree that talking about our problems is "our greatest addiction", I do think people should focus more on the good and joyful parts of their lives.   

Have said for many years on these forums that Optimism has been my greatest friend, and many times over.

Too many look for other things or other people for THEIR happiness, when they are their best source. I have went through the simplest things in my life that are Joy's many times here, so I will leave it at that, except! 

Of all of them is Living for the Day, not tomorrow or future days etc.  Many have that way of living ahead, but unfortunately never make it to them. 

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@wilma 

While I do not agree that talking about our problems is "our greatest addiction", I do think people should focus more on the good and joyful parts of their lives.   

Have said for many years on these forums that Optimism has been my greatest friend, and many times over.

Too many look for other things or other people for THEIR happiness, when they are their best source. I have went through the simplest things in my life that are Joy's many times here, so I will leave it at that, except! 

Of all of them is Living for the Day, not tomorrow or future days etc.  Many have that way of living ahead, but unfortunately never make it to them. 

hckynut

@hckynut 

Well said. I agree. 

I took the quote to be a reminder of just what you’re saying. Too often we focus only on the negative. There are, of course, greater and more serious addictions.