Trusted Contributor

Re: Flowers in Bloom at the Back Fence - May 2019

Birdmama,I love animals,but I’m not to crazy about the groundhogs. One 💩 on our front porch...

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   Wow, that's rude.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama  Just beautiful !!!!!

Respected Contributor

Husband was in the back yard and saw a mama deer with her little fawn.He came and got me so I could see them.How precious!!It"s a beautiful sunny day here.Hope everyone has a nice week-end.Remembering all who gave their lives and those who are and have served.My father and father in-law were in WWII,husband in Vietnam,and son in Desert Storm,thankfully they all made it back home.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it rained again yesterday Woman Frustrated  I have to say this is the wettest spring that I can remember in the past several years.  I'm glad the forecast changed for tomorrow morning because the arborist and his crew will be here to do surgery on my maple tree in the front yard.  I know he knows what he is doing however I can feel some anxiety building over the whole thing Woman Very Happy

This is the tree in front of my house and the pink area is what's coming off on the south side.  He'll prune the 3 other 'sides' of the tree as well and take a couple of low hanging limbs off the mulberry in the back before he hits the road.  There are a couple of squirrel's nests in the affected area and I've already mentioned to him that 'we' inspect those first before cutting anything.  I don't want to displace baby squirrels.  

I've had this tree professionally pruned 2x before not that you would know by the size of this thing.  I hope everything goes as planned tomorrow.

IMG_2605 (300x225).jpg

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello all, it rained again yesterday Woman Frustrated  I have to say this is the wettest spring that I can remember in the past several years.  I'm glad the forecast changed for tomorrow morning because the arborist and his crew will be here to do surgery on my maple tree in the front yard.  I know he knows what he is doing however I can feel some anxiety building over the whole thing Woman Very Happy

This is the tree in front of my house and the pink area is what's coming off on the south side.  He'll prune the 3 other 'sides' of the tree as well and take a couple of low hanging limbs off the mulberry in the back before he hits the road.  There are a couple of squirrel's nests in the affected area and I've already mentioned to him that 'we' inspect those first before cutting anything.  I don't want to displace baby squirrels.  

I've had this tree professionally pruned 2x before not that you would know by the size of this thing.  I hope everything goes as planned tomorrow.

IMG_2605 (300x225).jpg

@Bird mama   Whenever tree work is done here, I watch them like a hawk, lol.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hear by declare war on mister groundhog!!!

the very back of our yard is shaded with many trees W/a small woods. Under the trees I have planted ground covers,Lenten rose,,bleeding hearts amoung others and many hostas. One of which was very expensive. It will get about 4 feet. Well mr groundhog has eaten my hostas to almost nothing left. We borrowed a trap from a neighbor. Hopefully we can catch him and move to to a nearby park where he can eat to his hearts content. But,he will go.

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   OMG!!  Yea, it sounds like relocation will be a good thing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The tree people arrived at 9:45 this morning.  The tree is done and despite assurances that the adjustments were for the good of the tree, I'm sitting here thinking it would have been better for me to add some more money and just cut the thing down to the ground.

I fought the storm window off of the bay window and cleaned the windows.  I probably should have used vinegar because I swear I can see a shadow or streak on the middle panel of the bay window.  I can't tell if it's on the outside of the window or on the glass storm.

The storm glass for the middle window is wide and heavy and once I got it down I honestly didn't know if I was going to have the shoulder strength to get it back on.

Hey, it looks significantly better than it did and today, that's going to have to be good enough Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

hello all

just a pop in. 

i liked what i was reading thought I would like to come for a visit or two.

i don't try to raise flowers or any kind of ornamental flowers of any kind. i have the black thumb syndrome. 

i have a couple bushes out front and large 15 foot maybe higher evergreen type tree on the side of the house and a neighbor from way back when planted a maple tree some 30 yrs ago. NOW that tree I will gladly saw it down. I hate that tree. the neighbor moved long time ago and to have someone cut that tree down will cost an arm/leg so all the new people who have moved into the house next week have kept the tree.

i live in a development that is surrounded by woods and every now then a few deer come out for a visit. usually when people walk by the deer scamper back into the woods.

ok will check in maybe tomorrow to see what is happening.