Honored Contributor

Re: Flowers in Bloom at the Back Fence - May 2019

@yock   It's nice to see you Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good Morning all,

We had a thunderstorm this morning that seems to have moved on.  We're getting alot of rain this spring.  I caught some of the local morning news and saw what happened in Missouri with the tornadoes.  My prayers go out to all of the people affected by the devastating weather.

I got on the step ladder and cleaned the first floor gutters once the rain stopped.  I had a couple of plugged areas that was causing the rain to spill over the gutterr instead of flowing into the downspout.

Problem solved for now.

Respected Contributor

Betty - there you are!!!!!!! Have missed you.

I miss sitting out and chatting and eating BUT the weather here in Sou Cal has been nasty. You would NEVER know it is May and not even early May at this point. Weird. Not sure we can sit out anywhere around here today.

Hope  all have a super good day. Bernie, you just stay busy don't you? 

Honored Contributor

@Winifred   I am not as busy as I could be, lol.

Honored Contributor

It warmed up (80's) yesterday afternoon and was pretty windy.  More rain is moving into my area for the weekend and that's okay because this morning is dry and I have a window of time that will allow me to cut my grass. It's been over a week since I did it last and it's starting to look a little raggedy.

It's the little things that make me happy Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Yock,good to hear from you. Keep in touch.

our weather has been so nice. Very warm during the day with nice breeze at night. 

Some darn critter has been eating my herbs. I moved the pots to the landing of our deck so they would get more sun. I grow them every year. This is the first time one has been eaten. I have rosemary,lemon thyme and parsley. Went out the other day and the parsley is almost gone. Chewed to the dirt almost. Something came up the stairs to the porch door. Pretty brave and forwarded little bugger whatever it was.

got more windows and curtains done today,tomorrow I rest.

Honored Contributor

Perhaps it was a groundhog?  They are herbivores and can be bold. @Epicurean 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Epicurean wrote:

Yock,good to hear from you. Keep in touch.

our weather has been so nice. Very warm during the day with nice breeze at night. 

Some darn critter has been eating my herbs. I moved the pots to the landing of our deck so they would get more sun. I grow them every year. This is the first time one has been eaten. I have rosemary,lemon thyme and parsley. Went out the other day and the parsley is almost gone. Chewed to the dirt almost. Something came up the stairs to the porch door. Pretty brave and forwarded little bugger whatever it was.

got more windows and curtains done today,tomorrow I rest.

@Epicurean   Could have been a bunny or a rat, prefer to think a bunny, lol.

Trusted Contributor

we have rabbits,groundhogs,Fox,and all kind of animals. My D.H. Thinks it was the groundhog,as it has been around here a lot lately. God heavens,I live in a highly developed area. I love animals,but,we have woods in our neighborhood,wish they’d go back.

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   Earlier this month, I set a bag of non-perishable food items on the front porch for the mail carrier.  Thank goodness it was double bagged and the inside bag was tied shut.  Gerry the groundhog or a squirrel (can't be sure which) came up the front porch stairs and disturbed the bag as if to see what was inside.