Honored Contributor

Re: Flowers in Bloom at the Back Fence - May 2019

Hello all, it was warm and humid this morning when I stepped out the house.  Yuck.  We just had some rain move through here.  I live near two schools and I was at the kitchen sink when I heard the unmistakeable air raid/bad weather siren go off.  I muted the tv, changed the channel to see if one of the local stations was talking about what was going on and that's when I learned tornado activity was spotted northeast of me in my county.  

We lucked out with just rain - other people were probably running for their basements Woman Sad  God Bless 'Em.

I guess the temps are gonna drop again to highs in the mid 50's after the rain moves out.  I had hoped to cut the grass tomorrow.  Guess not, lol.  Maybe I will get lucky again on Tuesday morning and be able to get the grass cut before the waste management guys for the lawn clipping bags.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

it’s 90deg. Here in Va.,and still hot at night. Have the A.C. On because it’s so humid.

im sorry to be complaining again,but grateful you are a caring group of ladies. My dental work is fine,but now I have some new symptoms. I believe I have IBS🤪. I was chained to the toilet for a couple of days this month. Guess I will have to see my G.I. Dr.,even tho he can’t do much. I am treating it with probiotics,low fat and protein. Lots of veggies,which I eat anyway. It’s just depressing that I go from one thing to another. I’m thankful it’s nothing serious,just a pain the the “you know what,literally”

on the happy side my dear hubby and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary yesterday. WOW,a whole half of century together. Looking forward to the next 50,for he is a keeper💕

Honored Contributor

It was muggy this morning and mid 70's (according to the car thermostat thing).  Too hot too quick for me @Epicurean 

Image result for 50th wedding anniversary sentiments

I'll pray for your GI tract Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,thank you for the lovely card

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Epicurean wrote:

it’s 90deg. Here in Va.,and still hot at night. Have the A.C. On because it’s so humid.

im sorry to be complaining again,but grateful you are a caring group of ladies. My dental work is fine,but now I have some new symptoms. I believe I have IBS🤪. I was chained to the toilet for a couple of days this month. Guess I will have to see my G.I. Dr.,even tho he can’t do much. I am treating it with probiotics,low fat and protein. Lots of veggies,which I eat anyway. It’s just depressing that I go from one thing to another. I’m thankful it’s nothing serious,just a pain the the “you know what,literally”

on the happy side my dear hubby and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary yesterday. WOW,a whole half of century together. Looking forward to the next 50,for he is a keeper💕

@Epicurean   Andrew Lessman sells Fibermucil in small capsules, but any fiber product would probably work.  I take five in the morning with breakfast, and five with dinner.  Each person has to decide what works best for them, the amount to take, but this works.  

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   I can also recommend 100% Benefiber.  

Respected Contributor

Here I am at my part of the fence.The weather is crazy.Today it is in the 40"s,but the wind is blowing so hard,it is cold.It is too cold to stick around too long,but,I left some oatmeal cookies that I baked.Also left some coffee and tea.Enjoy! 

Trusted Contributor

thanks for the info ladies.  I will consider all ideas

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well my arborist and I just visited for about an hour or so.  This is the most I've ever talked to the guy since I first hired him in 2003.  My silver maple in the front yard requires what I am calling a structural pruning.  One of the major limbs that split into two as it grew naturally is going to require a serious adjustment.  Of the two secondary limbs, one grew up and one grew more horizontal.  It's this horizontal secondary limb that's up high that is arching over my neighbor's driveway.

This is not a problem for my neighbor really.  It is a problem for the overall health of the tree because when the wind comes in from the field behind our houses and roars down her driveway unobstructed, it catches the big secondary limb, twists it and actually causes stress to the main trunk of the tree.  

I was mentally prepared for around $600 and am proud of myself that I didn't flinch when he said $1,200.  I won't have to do anything major like this again to the tree in it's lifetime or my lifetime.  It's going to be a big job and I will take before and after pictures.  After Mike left I called the office to get myself on the schedule - it could happen in a week or so.

The only thing I'm doing in the backyard is having 2 lower limbs cut off the mulberry.  I'm tired of one of them smacking me in the head when I cut the grass, lol.

Trusted Contributor

I am still alive.    Eye Surgery day has finally arrived after a delay or so.  After I get done with the eyedrop stuff maybe I can get back to the fun stuff.