Respected Contributor

Re: Flowers in Bloom at the Back Fence - May 2019

Happy Mothers Day to all who post here.Birdmama, thank you for the snack.You are such a great mama to your flock and all the critters that are fortunate to be around you.

Respected Contributor

Well for sure I bought some food too but no bagels this trip. Today it was fried zucchini - love that stuff. It was really good.

Very warm here today and still a bit too warm but not hot - yesterday it was cold and wet all day.

Enjoyed the Pastor's sermon today - he is a master story teller and laces it with humor and you just never know what he is going to say.

Hope all had a great day!

Honored Contributor

Another rainy and chilly day here.  One good thing - the grass is really green, lol.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Suppose to be almost 90 today yet the fog just rolled in and you can see very little outside. Oh well, it will move out quickly I am sure. This morning am leaving some of those yummy bagels from Aldli's. Sure love them - Cinnamon and Raisin - none better. Dig in. Also leaving some coffee yet in a little while am sure it will not be coffee. LOL..

Hope all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the bagels Freddie.  I'm mowing the grass today and could use the carbs.  

Honored Contributor

The sun was shining and we had warm enough weather for me to crack open a couple of windows throughout the house this afternoon.  I was this

close to hanging my laundered couch cushion covers on the line outside when I walked downstairs to get some clothespins.  In the time it took for me to grab 8 clothespins and get back upstairs, the skies were dark and it had started to sprinkle outside.  I tossed the cushion covers in the dryer on low. 

Whoo-eeee, I just finished wrestling those covers back on the foam cushions.  Glad that's done.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, I didn't go to bed early last night so I have no idea why I woke up at 5;30 this morning Woman Frustrated I guess some days I need less sleep than on other days.  

Since I was up, I threw together this breakfast casserole.  Left side has bacon, right side has sausage.  Croissants are on the side.  Hot coffee and water for tea are on the convertabench Woman Wink

Image result for breakfast casserole

Respected Contributor

Hello all.Cloudy with some light rain on and off.Birdmama,thanks for the casserole,I made a pig of myself!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, we're having another rainy day here by my part of the back fence.  The robins should be happy.  Gerry the groundhog is doing a nice job eating the dandelions in the back yard.  I'm waiting for a couple of rabbits to join in like they usually do each year.

It's hard to control the dandelions because my backyard is right against the school athletic field.  They don't do anything to control the dandelions so it's almost a losing battle for me.  I'm not crazy about weedkiller because of the critters who visit my yard.  Gerry takes care of the backyard for the most part.  I've watched him and he can chow down a many in one sitting.  

My neighbor's lilac tree (it looks like a tree well over 8 feet tall) has grown over my 6 ft fence so I've been clipping the blooms and adding them to vases and drinking glasses all over the house.  Smells nice.

I'm still waiting for my May Bells (lilly of the valley) to sprout and then I will be in heaven.  

Respected Contributor

It's rainy and cold this morning. From the looks of things it has been raining for some time now. Do not like that - had someone coming over to help with the lawn. The weather experts say it will be this way for about 3 days - do not like that. 

Did get to Aldi's yesterday for some more of those bagels but this morning cannot sit out by the fence but perhaps a minute - not sure that isn't a bit too long. LOL.

Hope all have a good day.