Trusted Contributor

Re: Flowers in Bloom at the Back Fence - May 2019

thanks Winifred,I am doing really good W/my new choppers 😁

I often think of you and hope you are doing well. 

Bust day today. Stripped everything off of the guest bed,washed and put new linens on. Washed down white furniture. The other day got the upstairs windows and curtains washed. Don’t know where all this energy is coming from, tomorrow I think I’ll just get some grocery shopping done and see my oral surgeon.

i Have some home made strawberry bread anyone wants a snack.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all, it's currently 45 degrees outside and the sun is struggling to emerge from the clouds.  Some counties around me are under flood warnings because of the on again and off again rain we've been getting.

I'm eating boring toast this morning and am more than happy to share it.

Image result for brownberry health nut bread

Image result for smuckers red raspberry jam

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello all, it's currently 45 degrees outside and the sun is struggling to emerge from the clouds.  Some counties around me are under flood warnings because of the on again and off again rain we've been getting.

I'm eating boring toast this morning and am more than happy to share it.

Image result for brownberry health nut bread

Image result for smuckers red raspberry jam

@Bird mama   I eat Dave's Killer 21 grain bread, so delicious.  I am about to eat a toasted slice for breakfast now with white cheddar on it.

Honored Contributor

I've planted all my flowers and just need to pick up two tomato plants.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   I was eating Dave's Killer Bread loaded with grains a couple of months ago and all of a sudden Meijer's stopped carrying it.  That is a good, dense piece of bread.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@mousiegirl   I was eating Dave's Killer Bread loaded with grains a couple of months ago and all of a sudden Meijer's stopped carrying it.  That is a good, dense piece of bread.

@Bird mama   At Costco, two loaves in one bag, have to freeze one, but our local stores carry it.  It has a bit of a sweetness, and lots of fiber, lol.  I like apricot preserves or spread, not summer, though I know it isn';t yet, without apricot preserves.  I do love raspberry, but lately it is still apricot and Stonewall sour cherry.  I made a ham glaze with the cherry last Sunday, delicious.

Honored Contributor

Hello, hello Woman Happy  How is everyone? 

It's breezy at my part of the fence.  If we're lucky, we'll hit a high of 60 today and during the weekend.  At least it wasn't a total washout with rain this week - I did see sunshine now and again.

You'd think I'd remember it's the time of year for it, however I was caught off guard when my mailman left the food drive card/plastic bag in my mailbox yesterday.  The caught off guard part came when I looked at the date - the food drive is tomorrow.  I remember when I used to get notice a week ahead of time. 

I guess this means I will be heading to the grocery store today Woman Happy  

Respected Contributor

Hi there. It is quite cool here at my part of the fence,cloudy.We went to the store yesterday so we have our bag ready for tomorrow.I left some donuts,all kinds,and some long Johns,at the fence plus some tea and coffee.Help yourself!

Honored Contributor

I went to the pet cemetery this morning to put in the new spring/summer solar decor on the dog's graves.  I was delighted to find these at the local Meijer a week or so before Easter.  I've been charging the solar panel daily and tonight, when it gets dark, the little fairy lights that are attached along the shape of the cross should be glowing Heart

IMG_2599 (310x400).jpg

The pet cemetery policy for many years was to clear out anything left on graves in April and October when they do their maintenance.  In the last couple of years, I noticed that my solar lights would be left on the two graves, still in good shape.  I would replace the older ones with new ones and then put the older ones in my backyard in the bird cemetery.

I was surprised to see the headstones have been elevated again.  They must have done one heck of a clean up because there was hardly any decor anywhere in the cemetery.  People go all out in that cemetery and some of them are about to get the shock of their lives when they visit.

I didn't mind that they pitched my older solar lights.  I'm thinking of buying some total vegetation killer and going back (when the ground is dry) and putting it down around the flat headstones so that nobody has to weed whack around them.  I also don't trust the lawn guys with the new pretty solar lights I just put in Woman LOL  

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, please help yourself to a slice of sour cream coffee cake.

Image result for streusel coffee cake

My flock and I wish you a

Image result for mother's day