Honored Contributor

Re: Flowers in Bloom at the Back Fence - May 2019

So, after many months of having furry legs, I decided to shave mine because I am attending a first Holy Communion mass and dinner tomorrow and will be wearing a skirt.  Suffice it to say, even though I was able to get some of the hair at the bath tub drain site, I am 30 minutes into a Drano chaser, lol.

I thought menopause would take care of that problem but I guess not because I take a biotin supplement.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

it easier putting the dentures in right away because that way your gums can’t swell up. My dentist said he could do implants,yea,at a cost of 25 thousand,Ha,Ha. Not spending that kind of money on my teeth at 73 years old. My Dr. recommend I go to the dental school for implants. Cost about 6 thousand. I’ll get usd to these dentures for way less money thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,you are correct,the hair on your legs and armpits will disappear eventually. Only problem,it will reappear on your face 😲😝. I take biotin also.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Epicurean   All of my reproductive organs were removed when I was 45.  You'd think almost 12 years later, since I never took HRT the hair would thin out, lol.  I know about the stray chin hairs already.  And what's up with the wild eyebrow hairs.  I have one that grows straight out of my eyebrow like a unicorn horn.  I also worked on my peachfuzzy face today.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Epicurean wrote:

it easier putting the dentures in right away because that way your gums can’t swell up. My dentist said he could do implants,yea,at a cost of 25 thousand,Ha,Ha. Not spending that kind of money on my teeth at 73 years old. My Dr. recommend I go to the dental school for implants. Cost about 6 thousand. I’ll get usd to these dentures for way less money thank you.

The bridge I had put in in 2011 came out several months ago.  I went back to the same dentist and I have 2 choices.  One is to have dentures with two implants which the dentures would be hooked on to. Of course all my existing teeth would have to be pulled, lots of surgery.  The second choice is dentures with no implants, still removing existing teeth.  One cost after insurance would be $7,708 the other would be $14,701 out of pocket.  Hoping to visit the dental school for an opinion.  Did your dentist advise you that with dentures you have to chew on both sides of your mouth in order to keep the dentures from coming out?  With the two implants that would be prevented.  It's a darn shame dentistry is so expensive. Woman Sad

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  Good morning birdmama!  I have some Oak Leaf Hydranga and the green cones are trying to turn white now.  I live in Birmingham, AL and flowers here have bloomed on time.  It has rained here a lot so less sunshine to help the flowers come to bloom.  My sister's back yard is beautiful with gardens everywhere.  Have a good weekend, Love SCImage result for images of oakleaf hydrangea

Trusted Contributor

yup,Lindsey’s G.M. My dentist told me all the pros & cons. Luckily all is well. I had ravioli tonight and most of all I can eat a peanut butter cup 😂😂

i had my teeth all pulled at once and it went fine..

good luck to you with your decision,know it’s not east to decide.

Honored Contributor

My eldest great niece made her first Holy Communion yesterday.  It was nice to dress up a little (stockings and heels Woman Happy) to go to the special Mass.  My niece had the dinner at a new Italian restaurant that was pretty nice.  Food was good and service was wonderful.  The way the catering for the dinner went, we had a menu of select things to pick from.  I stayed on the safe side and went with eggplant parmesan.  

It was warm yesterday and today and I was finally able to fire up the mower and cut the grass.  There was about 2 rows of spongey ground near the back pines that I avoided when I did the backyard.  It wasn't like the grass was long back there.  

Would you believe I got a sunburn on the back of my neck?  I didn't think the sun was that strong and I was out there that long.  Better get some sunscreen next time I go shopping.

Respected Contributor

Hi Epi - hope things are going well for you. Yep, a lot of us have had to wind up with those false things in our mouth. Had a friend who had ALL implants put in. Nope, never could have done that.

Nice enough today I sat some food out on the table hoping someone would stop by - didn't see any of you. Keep going tomorrow as there is suppose to be some rain. LOL.

Don't forget - some of you newer posters may not know this but we all furnish food along the way - when the weather allows it that is. Get to know people that way. The lady who originally set this thread up - way back when, insisted on it and through the years it has been a lot of fun.. I brought some of those yummy raisin/cinnamin bagels with cream cheese - and of course earlier there was coffee.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, I'm glad that I took the time to get outside over the weekend because the skies are clouding up and it's looking like rain is coming.

I'm sorry I missed the bagels yesterday. One of the downsides of time differences at the fence Woman Wink

I'll leave some breakfast tarts for those who want a nibble.  Coffee and tea also available.

Image result for breakfast tarts