Honored Contributor

Flowers in Bloom at the Back Fence - May 2019

Welcome dear friends and new visitors to the Back Fence for May.

Image result for flowers along a wooden fence

I hope that flowers are in bloom where you live.  The weather has been cooler than usual here in SE Michigan and even though the greenery sprouted out of the ground, my tulips and daffodils didn't bloom.  I don't know how much longer to hold out hope. Woman Very Happy

I have a small patch of May Bells (Lily of the Valley) and if those bloom I will be heaven.  They don't last long however their fragrance just sends me over the moon.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Flowers in Bloom at the Back Fence - May 2019

Just beautiful, @Bird mama. Love that picture and the beautiful blue sky! I have some lilies that coming up, but it will be a while before I get blooms. The daffodils have been and gone. 2 of my rose bushes were covered up in blooms, oh they were grand. Then last night we had quite the storm, and the poor things show it.

Honored Contributor

@happycat   We had snow a couple of times in April and even though it melted, I think it did a number on some of the plants.

Honored Contributor

Love your picture.  We live on a heavily wooded lot and it's all we can do to have enough sunlight for something bright.  We have fern and mountain laurel.

Honored Contributor

Happy May!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-z6lIFT5ZDSY/Ti4Pmxg6F4I/AAAAAAAADwo/zEXVkPZye7U/s1600/hydrangea+picket+fence.jpg

Respected Contributor

Hello everyone -  have been a little busy and also sluggish. Hope all had a great day.

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama: is this an actual photo of your yard?

If so, it’s just beautiful!

I live at very high altitude and we have at least another month of snow and well, nothing really pretty grows up here (besides me, and I just keep expanding).

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent   The photo I used is something I grabbed off of the internet.  

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama always picks the prettiest pictures. 

Its been reallly warm here,87deg. Today. Everything is in bloom,just so pretty outside.got my herbs planted yesterday. Love to have them for cooking.

Finally!!! Tonight I can remove these dentures for all night. Am not having very much discomfort but I know it’s going to take some getting used to. Boy I sure am hungry,living on soup,milk shakes,pudding etc. today I’m trying Mac and cheese. At least I’ve lost a little weight.😁

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean I bet that mac and cheese is going to taste wonderful. 

My mother was a very young woman when her teeth were pulled and she got dentures.  I'm talking 17 or 18, the enamel was coming off of her teeth and was really painful.  Nothing they could do.  She was fitted for her dentures exactly like you were.  The remaining teeth were pulled and the dentures went in.  In a way I think that's better - you get it over with more or less.

Her own mother, my grandma, didn't do it that way later in life and ended up never comfortable in dentures - she preferred to go without them.