Esteemed Contributor

Five people have been killed and several are wounded after a shooting at the Fort Lauderdale Airport. My brother and sister-in-law arrived there just a couple of hours before the attack. Thank goodness they are OK, but we can't say the same for the victims. The shooter has been arrested but the damage has been done. When will these horrific shootings end?

Honored Contributor

Re: First Laderdale shootings

This is very sad.  Shootings seem to be a weekly event.  However, I do not believe the news media helps with tragedies like this as they give out too much information to the sick people out here that want to take lives.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Yes, I've been listening to Shep Smith's reporting. Not really safe anywhere nowadays. It seems to me that travel is getting more dangerous of late.

Honored Contributor

You can check a gun,in your bagged?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Apparently if you're 'military' you can have a gun in checked baggage -- I am sure this will change after today.   

Contributor

the rules state you can have an UNLOADED gun in your checked baggage.. he pulled the gun out of his bag at baggage claim went into bathroom and loaded the gun and came back out and fired. it seems he was upset with some of the people on his flight. this is such a sad occasion,but it happens everywhere. i wonder if travel insurance will cover the missing of flights and cruises as this is a big day for cruises.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest

I was wondering the same thing.  

Respected Contributor

@duffy2

I almost always buy the travel insurance and would be very upset if I had paid for the insurance and it did not cover a "lost" vacation.  

(This  reply is not to diminish the loss of lives and those that were injured).

Honored Contributor

Awful.

Honored Contributor

Image result for sending prayers animated images