Esteemed Contributor

After 110 days of no rain and only raining  5 days this year it is raining in Arizona. Beautiful gray skies, chilly and wet. Nice to see something other than sunshine and blue skies (and heat). 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty.  That's what we have today in the Albuquerque area but we have light snow instead of rain.  One of my neighbors on the Next Door app got this picture of this morning's sunrise.

Screenshot_20201210-113702_Nextdoor.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

After 110 days of no rain and only raining  5 days this year it is raining in Arizona. Beautiful gray skies, chilly and wet. Nice to see something other than sunshine and blue skies (and heat). 

Yeah it's nice but it's just dribbling off and on in my area. I want something I can hear on the roof!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Is that a planet on the left side of the sky ?  Looks like a dark ball...

Great picture !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Frequent Contributor

I sure hope we get some here in Vegas!!!

Honored Contributor

As the saying goes:  "Red sky in the morning, sailor take warning".  @Kachina624 

Beautiful picture! We will be getting snow here in Colorado starting tomorrow night. But not much. Locals call it an 'Albuquerque Low' and that usually means some snow for us. We need it so badly. It's as dry as the moon and the fire danger is so high.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee @Kachina624  we've had grey skies here all morning, but just looked out and a few flurries are falling from the sky...  not sticking but ANY moisture will help....DW 

Respected Contributor

Re: Finally rain

[ Edited ]

@Meowingkitty 

I'm also in AZ and enjoying the rain which started during the night.  My area did have some rain a few months ago but they only count the amount that falls at Sky Harbor.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Finally rain

[ Edited ]

The latest drought monitor map, released today. The SW region is so dry. 

download.jpg

Respected Contributor

I just checked our rain gauge, only .1 inch but still 😀.

We were lucky and had a half inch in early November so it hasn’t been quite so long for us.