Honored Contributor

I've been putting of doing my taxes.  I've had all the input data together for weeks .... and kept delaying.

Anyway .... got on Turbo Tax this morning and e-filed - in an hour I was done with Feds and state, and the Fed return has already been accepted.

Respected Contributor

Re: Finally did my taxes today!

Good for you!

I always have mine done as early as I possibly can.  Especially after last year when there was such a backlog.

Respected Contributor

Had mine done about a month ago. Wouldn't trust myself to not foul it up.

Valued Contributor

Mine has been sitting at the accountants for four weeks going on five.  She called and left a message last week that she had a couple of questions and it's been telephone tag.  Hope she gets them done shortly as I am going on vaca next week!

Respected Contributor

Mine in and refund received already.  

Honored Contributor

@catter70 

Back in the Dark Ages before computers, my mother showed me how to file a tax return (she always handled the family's finances).

I've always done my own .... but the past few years I've used Turbo Tax.

It's worth the cost - everything is E-filed and the refund is deposted into my checking account in a couple of weeks.

-------------------------------------------

@catter70 wrote:

Had mine done about a month ago. Wouldn't trust myself to not foul it up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Roscoe the Rascal wrote:

Mine in and refund received already.  

Same here....so glad that is over with!

Valued Contributor

I picked ours up last week at the accountant and mailed my state and federal payments today.  I'm really glad its done, I always dread having to accumulate all that stuff.  I admire all you people who do your own, I just cannot.

Esteemed Contributor

Need no preparation to do our taxes, nothing to filing them. Takes about 15 minutes. Since we use the 1040-EZ, couldn't be more simple.

Did pay our Property Taxes last Friday. Value of our property seems to be going up at a 0.2%, while our taxes go up 4%. And around 85% still going to School System. Meanwhile tests scores show kids are getting dumber by the year.  Take away the Calculator and Digital Gagets? Many would think they were in a foreign country.

And my tax money is doing?

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@sunsetbeach

Basically, it's just copying the numbers off all the withholding forms they send you onto the lines on the tax form.  

For me, the hardest part is finding all the withholding forms that I reeived..  (I'm not well-organized), and finding the magnifying glass to read the tiny numbers on the forms!   

And, last but not least .... be in the mood to do it!

============================================

@sunsetbeach wrote:

I picked ours up last week at the accountant and mailed my state and federal payments today.  I'm really glad its done, I always dread having to accumulate all that stuff.  I admire all you people who do your own, I just cannot.