Honored Contributor

Finally Paid off my Car Yay!!!

I paid for it in 4 yrs. Did not want to take 7 yrs to pay off my car loan. That's just to long to pay for a car IMO. On my account since I was so far paid ahead it showed I did not have a payment due in Jan of 2020. LOL!!! I really like being debt free. The CU has already sent us a pre-approved check to buy another vehicle.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Finally Paid off my Car Yay!!!

Congrats @Nightowlz.  It's a wonderful feeling - I knew that wonderful feeling of being debt free - then I bought my first house on my own Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I have two months to go ... that's probably when my car will start having problems.  It always happens.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nycgrl wrote:

Congrats @Nightowlz.  It's a wonderful feeling - I knew that wonderful feeling of being debt free - then I bought my first house on my own Woman Frustrated

@nycgrl Thx, Yes it is nice. We have our mortgage paid too. Would like to buy another house but don't really want the payments. LOL!!! We are staying right where we are until DH retires. At that time I hope we can move closer to some of my family.

Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!   Great achievement. 

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

I have two months to go ... that's probably when my car will start having problems.  It always happens.

@makena Well I bought my car new & only 4 yrs old so better not have any problems with it. It only has 9300 miles on it. LOL!!!!!!!!!  It will last me forever. I don't even like to drive anymore.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations!  Nice seeing people who want to save money by paying things off early!

Honored Contributor

Way to go!!!

I have scrimped, saved and done without to save enough cash to put with my trade-in so that my next car will not be financed at all.

It's worth it to not have a car payment.

@Nightowlz wrote:

I paid for it in 4 yrs. Did not want to take 7 yrs to pay off my car loan. That's just to long to pay for a car IMO. On my account since I was so far paid ahead it showed I did not have a payment due in Jan of 2020. LOL!!! I really like being debt free. The CU has already sent us a pre-approved check to buy another vehicle.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz  Congrats to you!  I had my previous car for 13 years, so it was a little tough buying a new one and having those payments again.  My old one wasn't worth much because it had some rust, and I had saved some money for the new car, but I still had to finance it for 5 years.  It just went out of warranty on 6/14 (3 years old), so I'm hoping everything will continue to be good with it.  I do love the car, so I'll probably keep it for awhile after it's paid off.  I also want to be payment free!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Nightowlz  Congrats to you!  I had my previous car for 13 years, so it was a little tough buying a new one and having those payments again.  My old one wasn't worth much because it had some rust, and I had saved some money for the new car, but I still had to finance it for 5 years.  It just went out of warranty on 6/14 (3 years old), so I'm hoping everything will continue to be good with it.  I do love the car, so I'll probably keep it for awhile after it's paid off.  I also want to be payment free!

@2blonde I was driving a Dodge Dynasty that I bought new in 1991. Finally got rid of it in 2013. I now wish I had kept it. It was a good car with no problems. It only had over 73,000 miles on it. It did have a gas leak that DH did not want to fix or pay someone to fix it. He said I needed a new car. We keep our cars for a long time because they are low mileage. DH has a 2005 PU with some place over 50,000 miles on it. I love my Toyota Avalon Limited but I really don't need all the bells & whistles. I don't even know how most of it works. LOL!!!  DH will be buying a new PU or SUV type vehicle in the near future.