Honored Contributor

my son was born. We were on a military base.  Where did that time go?

Where were you, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago today? 

On this day in history.............Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

What does happen to time? My son will be 21 this year, and it really feels like most of that time just flew by. If I had to say how long it 'feels' since his birth, I'd say 10 years max!

Happy birthday to your son, and sending a virtual tissue and hug for the tears I know accompany every birthday of our children. They are definitely a mix of happy tears and sentimental ones (which is different than sad). 

I have a friend that says she never wants to go back and relive all the past days of her life, as in compilation, there was much pain (she has had most of her family die off and the family was very large), but she does wish we could take 'little visits' back for just a short time, to be with those that are gone, or spend an hour with our little boys sitting on our laps reading a story again, to have coffee with her mother, or sit and hear her dad's corny jokes again. 

I like her idea. Little Visits. If it were possible, I'd do it too!

Respected Contributor

50 years ago about this time I found out that I was expecting again around January. It would be our older daughter, but I had no idea. We had the two boys ages 3 and 1, and DH had fully recovered from a bad car accident earlier that year. I would have no idea what lie ahead for us. Life sure has been interesting.

Honored Contributor

I was a teenager 50 years ago today.  I loved the message of peace, love and hope from the 60s. I loved the music.  Life was somewhat simple, friends were great, we could leave the doors unlocked.  I am the oldest of 7 kids, though all hadn't yet been born 50 years ago.  I did a lot of babysitting at home and elsewhere.  

I hated the Viet Nam war and knew we couldn't win.  I also worried that, someday, my kids would be drafted.  Well, the draft ended but my oldest is career Army, special ops, paratrooper, etc.  He is being deployed this fall for the 4th time.  

So many more memories from 50 years ago.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fifty years ago today,

[ Edited ]

I was 12 getting ready for the end of the 6th grade and to move on th Jr High and looking forward to Summer camp

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I was 8 years old - end of my 2nd grade school year.  I'd have to say it was the best time of my life. It never got better than elementary school, in my opinion.  That's probably why I became a teacher.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

50 years ago today I was awaiting the birth of my daughter (in 2 weeks).

It was in the 90's and we did not have AC at that time.

Because I am a small person and carrying a 10 lb. baby, I looked laughable - all belly.

My Mother in good humor said I looked like "a beach ball lying on an unmade bed."

That child turned out to be one of the great joys of my life

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

50 years ago, I was in the 2nd grade.

Trusted Contributor

42 years ago today I had graduated from high school and started looking for a job.  I know this because on June 9 I'll celebrate 42 years of service with the company I work for.  Smiley Happy 

I think it's time to retire!