Respected Contributor

a cute little Christmas town called Leavenworth, Wa.

I live in Wa., eastern suburbs of Seattle and I love Leavenworth. What really make the trip worth is it the candy shop on the way into town. We often stop there and stockd up for the year; it's a fun outing.

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

a cute little Christmas town called Leavenworth, Wa.

I live in Wa., eastern suburbs of Seattle and I love Leavenworth. What really make the trip worth is it the candy shop on the way into town. We often stop there and stockd up for the year; it's a fun outing.

Merry Christmas.  My sister has lived there for years.  A big beautiful home and a beautiful town. Right now the passes are closed and waiting for her phone call.  They have more snow this year than last.  It's very very cold. 

I have spent every season there and it's beautiful.  I even went tubing down the calm part of the Wenatchee river one year.

I can't swim, but they had ropes tied to my tub.

Going there in June and it does get very hot. 

Looks like Charles Dickens fairy tale at Christmas. 

It was a little better in the 90's. 

What a horrible name for such a cute town.

Have a wonderful day.

Respected Contributor

Why do you think it's horrible?

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

There is a prison named Leavenworth.  Some people have asked me, Is that the prison?

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten 

There is a prison named Leavenworth.  Some people have asked me, Is that the prison?

I think the prison you have in mind is in the midwest somewhere; possibly Kansas?

Respected Contributor

I am anxious to welcome a brand new year; Christmas was extremely stressful this year and i am ready to look forward to anything positive and new. Happy New Year!

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

@qvcaddition wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten 

I think the prison you have in mind is in the midwest somewhere; possibly Kansas?

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

@qvcaddition wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten 

@qvcaddition wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten 

I might be mistaken, I think it's Leavenworth in Kansas. That's why I thought a horrible name for such a lovely town.

Frequent Contributor
@The person who brought this topic up…and to all who feel the same way💖

It is THE HYPE leading up to Christmas/the holidays and then when the holidays don’t happen the way that all that hype said it would…then…THE BIG LETDOWN!!

When I first started watching QVC, they had all the hype about Christmas and family coming over etc. Like they do about FALL and going Apple Picking with all the people you love…And the clothes that we should buy because we will be getting all these wonderful comments from others because we will look so good! Etc.
At first, during the holidays, I would be let down because all that dreamy stuff didn’t happen. And my kids got older and had other places to go.

The last few Christmas’s and holidays I have now realized what my former customers MEANT when they said, IT’S JUST ANOTHER DAY (referring to any holiday that I would ask them what they were doing,for that holiday). I would get lonely and down, but I would think of all those customers who were doing the same thing, and I wouldn’t feel as bad, knowing millions of people are alone or With people-but feel invisible on the holidays.
I now am at peace with either being by myself on holidays or happy going to another family members home for a meal (and that’s the big moment for the holiday), while my adult kids go out to all these celebrations and friends homes etc.
I have God, and that is my reason to celebrate Christmas or any holiday-and any regular day He blesses me with. I no longer NEED to feel PART of SOMETHING and I no longer FEEL DEPRESSED or LEFT OUT because I am content with the quiet. I am content with what God has blessed me with-I am not money rich, I do not have a big house in a peaceful neighborhood or the peaceful country, BUT I AM PERFECTLY SATISFIED with what I DO HAVE!!

I’m not Catholic but I enjoy watching Christmas Eve Mass on tv. It was on NBC this year. From around 11:30pm-2am EST FROM Rome. It’s on YouTube now. But under NBC

No reason to get down and out. Depressed. NOPE!!

And if we wait around and EXPECT others to NOTICE our needs. If we have Expectations that others will come around and help us. We are going to feel like no one cares. No one notices. Etc.
We cannot have expectations of others. We need to reach out and ask. People can not read our minds. My grandma always was upset because she wouldn’t ask-she would assume someone knew what she needed. But we ended up telling her…ask…no one can read your mind! So she would ask more often. And things got done for her!!

There are many reasons people feel depressed around the holidays or winter time. But there is always something to be thankful for. And when I look out my window and see the same guy sleeping in his car (for months now) in my neighbors driveway, I am thankful for a roof over my head!
(I think he FINALLY found a room or shelter because he hasn’t been there during the past 3 weeks COLD)!!

But that is just an example of even if we are sleeping in our cars, we can still find Peace, Joy, and Contentment after inviting the Lord into our hearts.

That’s the ONLY way that I have “SEEN THE LIGHT” that cartoon lightbulb above my head…AND now I can SEE what the purpose of life is, I find the joy in nature that I never paid attention to before and HOW we are supposed to LOVE AND BE A LIGHT TO OTHERS!!

Serving others instead of Buying more stuff brings True Contentment and fills the void of loneliness, sadness, and wanting more. Hope you can see the joy that is all around you and be grateful for what you have been given-no matter what your situation is. Love sent your way💖
Happy New Year to all of you🎊 🙂