Respected Contributor

well christmas is almost here,and the thought of not listening to holiday tunes,or looking at the beautiful lights,makes me sad.i get this way every year.i love thanksgiving also because of leading into christmas.you would think I am a child,instead of a 66 yr old.

Valued Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

Age is just a number😊

I started a thread about the Santa run in my neighborhood the other day and how I was outside waving to Santa.  I truly felt like a kid again.  It did my heart good. 

The music and lights may be gone out in the world after Christmas, but you can keep it going as long as you like in your home.  

Heck, if I'm in the mood for Chrismas music in the summer, I'll play them!

Merry Christmas!

Honored Contributor

I'm a little older than you and dread Christmas. I'd love to skip the whole month of December. I love going to Christmas Mass though.  

Respected Contributor

I enjoy early morning walks (5:30 am).
It's so peaceful in my neighborhood that time of morning. 
Most of the homes still have Christmas lights on. 
And I play my favorite Christmas songs year round. 

Respected Contributor

It is what you make of it, ive learned. Ive let myself be consumed by holiday depression in the past.

I learned that only i can control how i feel or think about it. I choose what makes me feel good as ive reached my threshold in feeling bad.

I dont necessarily whoop it up every year and if i dont, its no ones responsibilty but my own. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Feeling a little down

[ Edited ]

I pretend it is July! 

Kinda cold for July but it helps!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Feeling a little down

[ Edited ]

It can be a bummer when it is all said and done but like others said, you can keep it going as long as you like in your home.  We always leave our tree up for a bit in January.

By MLK day it's down but if it was up to DH it would stay up all year, LOL!   It is a big job to do it all so we like to enjoy it for awhile.  

We still have a whole week  before Christmas @Luvsmyfam so take a breath, take it all in and enjoy every moment!!

Honored Contributor

Christmas to me is a time to think about the meaning of it all, count blessings and seek out ways to improve and make life better, more so now than New Year.   

Since we have no family we see and don't work, there aren't parties, but there is time to enjoy the season, do a few things we enjoy, have a few treats along the way.  

Not everyone has a big deal, but then not everyone has that stress either.

Leave the stress, take the joy!

(like the Godfather movie advice)!  Woman LOL

i.e. Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   Sherrikay if the thought of taking down your tree and putting away the decorations makes you feel a little down then leave it up a little longer maybe to mid January.  I have so many things to put away that I'll do it a little at a time and the tree is the last to come down sometime in January. If it makes you feel any better you aren't alone in feeling a let down after Christmas. is a common emotion. Enjoy your Christmas music and lights for the next couple of weeks.

I'm older than you and I still look forward to Christmas every year. When I no longer take an interest in Christmas and putting out the decorations that I have collected over the years then I'll know that I am old! Until then even though it is a lot of work I'll continue to celebrate the Christmas season like I have done for many years. 

Merry Christmas to you and best wishes for a wonderful 2023!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm happy to see Christmas come and happy to see it go, like houseguests. There is so much expectation hyped in the media, the perfect tree, the perfect gift giving to the perfect family, great friends having perfect parties.  It sets people up for failure. I try to keep it simple be grateful for what I have, not worry about what I don't.

Don't be sad, it will be back again next year. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth