Honored Contributor

Re: Feeling Summer's Heat at the Bird's Nest - August 2019

Honored Contributor

I read on another thread that you are spending time with visiting family @possummink   I hope that you are having a great time.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a glorious summer day we are having here.  The sun is shining, humidity is low and the high temperature is not expected to get above the 70's.  We are going to have great weather like this through Sunday.

Fresh air is circulating through the house and I can hear the cicadas and outside birds making all kinds of noise.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

What a glorious summer day we are having here.  The sun is shining, humidity is low and the high temperature is not expected to get above the 70's.  We are going to have great weather like this through Sunday.

Fresh air is circulating through the house and I can hear the cicadas and outside birds making all kinds of noise.

@Bird mama 

I’m so jealous! 🤣

Honored Contributor

Happy Thursday Have A Joy Filled Day

@Bird mama 

Bernie,   My sister and her husband have been here since Monday.  They are staying over at our younger brother's home in Illinois, just a 20 minute or so drive from home.   We've been over there every afternoon and evening, catching up, having supper together etc    They are heading back to Dallas tomorrow.   

We do have a Confirmation party to go to on Sunday, for my brother's little granddaughter.   

My oldest granddaughter is in Oklahoma, Fort Sill, with her husband.  She and the two babies drove down there about 8 or so days ago.   He's waiting for his leave to be approved, not that it'll be for many days, but they still have some things at my daughter's home, and they'll come back here to get that and visit   Sure seems quiet and almost lonely at my daughter's home without Kiwi and his baby brother being there.  I know my daughter is missing them terribly.  She likes the peacefulness but misses the time and fun with Kiwi.   He's so full of life and love.  Into his 'terrible twos' already. 

It's cool here today, 76 right now,  and sprinkly(?).  Had very heavy rains in the city last night,  shut the Cardinal game down before it was over and there was flash flooding in many areas of the city.   We may get some more rain this afternoon.  

Honored Contributor

It's Thankful Thursday

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama 

How's the New Edition coming along?

Honored Contributor

@SoX   They're all doing well.  Two are working through the molt, which doesn't happen all at once.  It happens in stages over a couple of months.  I suspected 'new edition' was fascinated by television and I was right.  She prefers the larger TV in the family room and seems to favor Murder She Wrote (COZI tv).   I was watching an episode of Life on the Line (PBS) which covered a young boy who accidentally stepped on landmines in his homeland which cost him both legs.  He came to the US for more surgery and prosthetics and 'new edition' was transfixed for the entire 30 minutes.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@SoX   They're all doing well.  Two are working through the molt, which doesn't happen all at once.  It happens in stages over a couple of months.  I suspected 'new edition' was fascinated by television and I was right.  She prefers the larger TV in the family room and seems to favor Murder She Wrote (COZI tv).   I was watching an episode of Life on the Line (PBS) which covered a young boy who accidentally stepped on landmines in his homeland which cost him both legs.  He came to the US for more surgery and prosthetics and 'new edition' was transfixed for the entire 30 minutes.

@Bird mama   How funny.  I always wonder what is in the minds of critters when she stare at something, etc.

Honored Contributor

Not bird related, but I was in Costco today and ended up in a line and heard my name, shocked, lifted my shades to see the Mother of a school friend of DD's.  The girls went all through school together until High School.  I asked how her husband was and she told me that he left them for another woman five-six years ago, which would have been right after High School, shocked.

She has family all around so isn't totally alone except that her girls are away now.  He probably has begun another family.  One just never knows, they seemed solid, though another parent told me in Kindergarten there were issues, but then everyone has issues, oh well.

DD and her boyfriend have a Dobie mix pup now, big, she loves dogs so must be happy, helped him pick the pup.  I give advice via email, lol, never can have too much knowledge re taking care of critters, most people don't have enough, thus the dogs end up at the pound.

Hot as Hades now, fans are blasting away, lol.  I swear, when we move there will be air conditioning!!!