Honored Contributor

Re: Feeling Hurt

[ Edited ]

@1Snickers -

You have such a good attitude and I think good advice for many.

There are lots of helpful replies in this thread. I'm sure lots of even close families have similar and other problems at different times.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I am speaking from what i know about myself,  i do think having this depression, i have been told i always  almost ,see the glass half empty ,so to speak,i see more black and white , rather than grey, i am negative, i fight myself to not be so much this way,but it is my  personality, and people find it odd.And yes on medication,and have been on several over the last 30 years.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Pasta Lover 

It was obvious from your post you wanted some family love and a relationship with them.  Regrettably they are the only ones who can give you that. Those feelings must come from them towards you, and I do not have any answers as to why that is not happening.

You are going through very difficult times and it would be nice if someone would reach out to you. Your sadness is understandable.

You love, you are a good person, and there is nothing wrong about reaching out to others.

Individuals on these boards are good people too and try to be there for others. Sharing with others is good. You are welcomed here.

Sincerely I wish peace, health and happiness for you.

Honored Contributor

Guess someone didn't like my reply, thanks. NOT!!!!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Pasta Lover  My sweet Mother had a saying "you can't put it where it ain't". Meaning If they're so self involved they will never be thoughful or grateful. You can't put caring in people,they either do or don't.  

You deserve better,remember that. Spend your money on things that make you happy,give to charities that would be so grateful for someone generous  like you.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

I agree with NYC Susan.  It may be that the personal invitation 6 months ago was all they thought was necessary---as long as they gave you all of the details: time and place etc.

But I will say that I've always believed that relationships of any kind, family/friends are a two way street.   Once I realize that I'm the one who is always making contact , I step back.  If I hear from them, great.  If not, the relationship must not have been as important to them as I thought it was.   So, bye bye. 

I'm sorry this has caused you pain and hope you are able to resolve the 'big' issue beyond the invitation.

Honored Contributor

About two years ago, DH and I received a “save the date” from the son of a cousin whom we dearly love, and although we expected that it would be a bit of a trip, we decided to go.

The STD had been sent out almost a year in advance, and as is our custom, we posted it on the refrigerator and marked it into the calendar. Drawing closer to the actual date of the celebration, we began to realize that the invitation hadn’t come.

When we are invited to that kind of event, I always check online resources, since most youngies today have them, and came to realize that we WERE part of the website invitation, but that the response section of the invitation was incomplete.

Knowing, as you did @Pasta Lover, that we WERE wanted at the celebration, we called the groom’s mom, and a few days before the wedding itself, we received a beautifully designed invitation with a personal note, responded to the RSVP with a good old fashioned phone call, and had a beautiful weekend.

Reading your story, it truly sounds as though this might have been the case. If you hadn’t been wanted at the celebration, why would the busy graduate have personally made a mistake right by bringing it to you IN PERSON?

I am so sorry that you’ve been suffering the effects of a broken wrist. 

Respected Contributor

I’m sorry for your pain.  But we can’t give others the power to make us feel bad. It isn’t You, It is Them!  Unfortunately, we can’t change other people, so we can’t pin our feelings to them!  

My only sibling is my identical twin and she is truly the most selfish person on Earth, completely different than me. I gave up on her caring about anything but herself.  I can’t change it! 

You can find another way to feel involved, cared for, and valued. So many needy organizations helping the world. Try something different, like helping at a soup kitchen or animal shelter. Giving to the needy can become a purpose, can change your life, and we make new friends, also with big hearts!

Honored Contributor

OP deleted her last post.

Respected Contributor

Re: Feeling Hurt

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

OP deleted her last post.

Well that was her choice, and says a lot. It tells me to disregard this thread. It seems too much is going on beyond said circumstances. So sad.

@hckynut 

did not know you had a comment on this thread, I do not recall reading it, but  I can not understand how something you would have said would have been deleted. You can be very direct with comments but not mean or disrespectful.

Moving on.