Respected Contributor

Re: Feel like singing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning"

I woke up at 5:30 this morning to a thunderstorm and torrential downpour....what a beautiful morning is right ! We so desperately need rain. I crawled back in bed and fell back asleep to the sound of rain .☺️

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny Thanks for sharing.  I love reading posts like your's.  I could envision your neighbor singing (like in the movie).

It's nice when people appreciate being alive and enjoying....well...just being alive.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Thank you!  I read your posts all the time and so enjoy them.  I think to myself Annabellethecat is such a positive, joyful, down to earth person.  It would be a much better world if more people were like Annabellethecat.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny Well, we all have down times.  Whenever I see something that resonates with me, I either retype it or cut it out and paste it in my kitchen are (hummm?? Where I spend most time...Ha!).

Here's one of them:  "Today is a gift from GOD.  He has given us 24 hours to do as we wish...when the day is done I hope I don't regret the price I paid for it".

Here's another one:  In order to live the life intended for us, we must first give up the life we had.  (In other words, don't live in the past (you know....'woulda, coulda, shoulda').

I really believe everything happens for a reason, we might not understand it (especially at the time) but there's something we need to learn from it.  The trick is to figure out what IT is and learn.  I'm still really working on that one!

I'm a person who's really affected by the weather.  My Endocrinologist Dr says he's pretty sure I have Addison's disease (adrenal glands) and that (combined with no thyroid) can cause fluctuations in mood, etc.

Enough of the medical stuff....Anyway, if I knew you, I'd want to hang out with you some.  I like people who are upbeat (but not in a 'fake' way).  

There's a poster on here I know personally, (@ECBG (Cathy), she's amazing.  She often texts me just bright little things to say, "Hey!  Someone cares and loves you".  She'd be someone everyone here would be lucky to know as a friend.

Esteemed Contributor

Made me laugh out loud. When our kids were young, our extended families would occasionally share rental on large beach homes. My extroverted sis-in-law would wake the house up every morning singing OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING. Her ornery nephews would howl like coyotes and throw pillows at her. Thanks for the memory -- Oh, hey, another song.....

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Allegheny

Just in case you need them below are the lyrics to the song.  Smiley LOLHeart   We had beautiful weather today in central PA so I'll sing it with you on Sunday morning if that's okay. Smiley Wink

https://t2.genius.com/unsafe/220x220/https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Fada6c503888a28fbc3c02045d9a555f6.1000x1000x1.jpg

[Verse 1:]
There's a bright, golden haze on the meadow
There's a bright, golden haze on the meadow
The corn is as high as a elephant's eye
And it looks like it's climbing clear up to the sky

[Chorus:]
Oh, what a beautiful mornin'
Oh, what a beautiful day
I've got a beautiful feelin'
Everything's goin' my way

[Verse 2:]
All the cattle are standin' like statues
All the cattle are standin' like statues
They don't turn their heads as they see me ride by
But a little brown mav'rick is winkin' her eye

Oh, what a beautiful day

Verse 3:]
All the sounds of the earth are like music
Oh the sounds of the earth are like music
The breeze is so busy, it don't miss a tree
An' a ol' weepin' willer is laughin' at me

Oh, what a beautiful day

Oh, what a beautiful day!

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

@Allegheny  Another who wakes up and walks around the north and west sides of my property each morning in my nightgown! (Have six acres of commons areas behind me and no one is around.) I stretch, bend, touch my toes 100 times, dead-head flowers and talk to my shrubs/plants. Best way to begin the morning.  (Imagine if anyone did see me going through those processes, I'd be carted off by the men in white coats!)  Smiley Happy

Everyone: Have a fabulous day!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady  sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Allegheny  Another who wakes up and walks around the north and west sides of my property each morning in my nightgown! (Have six acres of commons areas behind me and no one is around.) I stretch, bend, touch my toes 100 times, dead-head flowers and talk to my shrubs/plants. Best way to begin the morning.  (Imagine if anyone did see me going through those processes, I'd be carted off by the men in white coats!)  Smiley Happy

Everyone: Have a fabulous day!

Respected Contributor

It was a beautiful day and I took advantage of it. My brother came over for awhile. Always good to see him. He is my only sibling. Then went out to BBB. To replace some old cooking dishes. Went out to eat. Came home and went right outside. Worked in my gardens. Came in a short while ago. Time to rest and go to bed. I love days like this.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd, I can’t even imagine what that feels like!  LM