Respected Contributor

Feel like singing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning"

Opened my deck doors this morning,  I almost burst into singing.  Instead of the blast of hot, humid, stiffling air, it was cool and breezy.

Brought back memories from 30 years ago.  I rented an apartment in a small town.  Our landlord lived across the street.  One morning I heard him singing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning".  He had a wonderful, almost operatic voice.  Small thing, but such a good feeling filled my heart.

Honored Contributor

Re: Feel like singing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning"

Doesn't a nice morning or day, just make you sing?!!  I agree!!

Honored Contributor

Yes! What an absolutely beautiful, gorgeous day!

Honored Contributor

118 yesterday, 110 predicted for today...."oh what a beautiful day"!

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny, and everyone,

https://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/69/32/1061519840-quotes-to-live-by-9.jpg

Honored Contributor

The air is fresh and beautiful, but if I start singing the neighbor's dogs will start to howl ! LOL 😆

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Lucky to have no visible neighbors.  I actually stepped onto deck barefoot in my night gown.   Raised my arms to the sky and did a little revival dance.  (Think David's happy dance)

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd  I sympathize with you all.  

Some people say "hot" is "hot",  but I feel a real difference when our humidity and dewpoints are in the 70s and above.  I don't normally have to use an inhaler, but on those recent days here, it was getting close.

Honored Contributor

I am thrilled the humidity is gone and the air is clean and healthy!!!!!  There is a reason the elderly and those with respiratory issues are told not to be out in hot and humid weather.  I am grateful for the break and even if hot and humid returns, let's hope for more breaks like this!

Respected Contributor

@spiderw Absolutely.

I was so concerned about my brother.  He's 59, is overweight and has some health issues.  He thinks he is still in his 30s. (Obviously he didn't learn from our farmer father who knew how to pace oneself in the heat.)  He was out many days last week doing yard work for hours.  Spread 50 bags of mulch.  I was fearing he was going to have a stroke.  I didn't dare say anything to him, it would have just raised his blood pressure even higher.