Honored Contributor

Re: February 2022 Bird's Nest

Good Luck with looking for a new car when the time comes @viva923   I got to the same point with my 1999 Camaro SS that belonged to my husband.  Didn't have lots of insurance claims during the life of the car - had a fender bender in 2010 and the insurance guy said one more and we'll total it.  I thought, after all I've paid over the years to fully insure this car, that's alotta nerve.  Hopefully by the time you need a new car the inventory will be more plentiful and the prices will go down.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

May be an image of bird, nature and text

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says '1st February Posted by The skylark's dream'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'FEBRUARY Be present. Let the day flow with grace. Expect joy. Be positive. Serve with compassion Speak only kindness. Impart only love. Never forget you're not alone Give thanks for everything See goodness in others davis mary "EVERYDAYSPIRIT.NET'

Honored Contributor

May be an illustration

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

May be an image of bird and nature

Honored Contributor

May be an image of animal and nature

Respected Contributor

I thought I would check in here at @Bird mama  new February site, fore the amethyst color for February. I know it's a little cutsie. 

Tomorrow will be a shut in day for us tomorrow as it is going to be bitterly cold and this old bod can't take it. Birdie I don't know how you do it, the shoveling and snowblower and the whole outdoor thing. I guess that is why we moved here so we don't have that to do. Mr.L use to repair small engines on the side for years and years and now he can't even start our snowblower. We bought one again a couple of years ago and has had hardly any use. So it sits in the garage. I don't know the first thing about them. I tried to learn, but I was one that preferred the shovel. lol. My arthritis is playing havoc with my hands and right leg and so I am what you could call a mess!!

Birdie, when you were talking about your neighbor "Jane" I had a similar experience about a year ago with one of our church members. We were always friendly and got along well. I ran into her at a local store and the first thing she started to do was rant "politics" I just about went into total shock. She was ranting at me like I was the enemy. I had to walk away from her. To this day, I have not seen her or spoken to her. She basically told me I was ignorant and didn't listen to the right people. So I kind of know how you feel about Jane. Ugh. mallards on snow

Respected Contributor

@viva923 

Hopefully you won't need a new car anytime soon. The pickings around here are slim to none. Maybe in another year or 2 things will be better. We lease our vehicle as we got older we didn't want to deal with maintenance fees and headaches. We don't travel like we use to so it works for us. Our lease will be up in 2 years and we are hoping something will be available and the prices will be down. In fact now we are thinking that may be our last lease and will purchase it out right at the end of that next lease. Time will tell I guess. The vehicle we have now doesn't have all the features we would like, if it did have them I think this may have been our last leased vehicle.