Honored Contributor

Re: February 2021 Bird's Nest

I'm following the hearing like Ma followed Watergate.  Didn't understand it as a kid and totally get it now Woman Happy  I made a quick trip to the grocery store this morning around 8:30 am.  It remains pretty cold but at least the sun is shining.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

just doing a quick check in, nothing much here

snow has stopped for now. Did get afternoon walk in.

not much else, later guys

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here today. did chores, did walk, clothes in dryer (ready for folding now).

my long post was in the winter wondland  thread, to long to repeat again.

weather is cold and tomorrow more garbage weather, snow,sleet,rain, ice. a long drawn out event saturday into sunday.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

May be a cartoon of text

@luvsbulldogs 

Luvs.   I got a notice this morning to set up an appointment to get the shot.  I wish I'd checked the weahter forcast before doing so as the day I chose, next Thursday is supposed to be a continuation of the very cold temps and snow we  have.   The place is a hospital just about 3 miles from here.   I can change the appointment, but am hesitant to do it though the site said I wouldn't lose my "place in line''.     

I am still a bit concerned about getting the vaccine, but my daughter says 'get over it'.  She had no side effects from either shot.   She's home today prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow.   So much fun, NOT!!!   Of all the programs to watch when you can't eat, she was watching the  Food Channel.    Silly girl!!!  

Trusted Contributor

My experience with a hospital setting was very good.  Many have valet parking but we parked very near the door so you wouldn’t be In cold for long.   What better place to be with help near by. Sounds like the colds going to be with us for a while so you might as well get the shot and go home and snuggle up.   Every ones different on their reaction but i had none at all on the first one.   A little chill and low grade fever on second one that was only a short time.  A little soreness in the arm but just because I kept touching it.  My sister said where she went they told her to keep exercising it and it would be fine.  No one said that to me and I forgot all about it. I laid on it in My sleep. Didn’t wake me up but when I first got up it was a little tender.  

the staff knew how to move crowd along. Lots of stations to get sanitizing lotion.  Shot is short and then you have the 15 minutes to wait. You can then jump In Your car and go home.   Good luck.  You’ll be fine and then you won’t have to worry til time for the next one.  

Trusted Contributor

I keep trying to find things to do so I don’t miss anything.  

Trusted Contributor

I keep trying to find things to do  in Family so I don’t miss anything.  

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

May be a cartoon of text

@luvsbulldogs 

Luvs.   I got a notice this morning to set up an appointment to get the shot.  I wish I'd checked the weahter forcast before doing so as the day I chose, next Thursday is supposed to be a continuation of the very cold temps and snow we  have.   The place is a hospital just about 3 miles from here.   I can change the appointment, but am hesitant to do it though the site said I wouldn't lose my "place in line''.     

I am still a bit concerned about getting the vaccine, but my daughter says 'get over it'.  She had no side effects from either shot.   She's home today prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow.   So much fun, NOT!!!   Of all the programs to watch when you can't eat, she was watching the  Food Channel.    Silly girl!!!  

@possummink   I am concerned about getting the shot also.  I am wondering if because DH is getting it, could he expose me to the virus from the vaccine?  I think I have read that the virus is not live, so maybe that answers my question.  Also, I want to be assured that when the second vaccine is due, I will be able to get it in a timely manner.  I think that if one skips the vaccine now, they would still be able to get it in a month or so, I don't see why not.

Honored Contributor

hey all

I get my 2nd shot 26 feb. 1st shot, arm was sore for several days, had a headache off/on for 24 hours. The prickly skin was my major reaction to 1st shot. I got the Moderna shot. My IBD was active for about 24 hours, it finally settled down have heard the 2nd shot can be harder.

cold tonight. Dh took me to walmart this afternoon to get me out of the house. 

Not much else. Later guys

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Mousie,  I went ahead and changed the appointment time I had scheduled due to the possibility of the amount of snow we are supposed to get this Sunday into Monday and then again Wednesday into Thursday.   Anywhere from 2 to 6 inches on Monday and then ?? on Thursday.   I don't have anyone to plow the driveway out and I'm not sure my SUV would make it with 6+ inches on the ground plus the temperature is supposed to be below freezing till next Friday so there'd be no melting.   It's 6 degrees outside now and the high tomorrow is 13 with a low of 0 tomorrow night.   I am so afraid of running out of fuel oil and the truck not being able to get down the driveway.   I ran my car a bit today to keep the battery charged and fingers crossed it'll start ok tomorrow and in the coming days.   

My new appointment is for Monday the 22, around noon time.   Hope the driveway is cleared a bit by then.    It's kind of scary to be as old as I am and alone with these really frigid temperatures.  I worry about my cats if the furnce goes out.   Where in the heck would I go??