Honored Contributor

Re: February 2020: Leapin' into the Bird's Nest

hey all

just doing a check in

2nd walk in

watching crossing Jordan t.v. Show reruns. It was a good show, enjoyed back then and enjoying it now.

not much else. Really warm outside, not much else going on. Will try to check in later

Honored Contributor

It's pretty cold here and I think snow could be coming later this week.  Today was garbage pick up day which just makes me happy, and I don't make that much garbage, lol.  Paid a few bills and have been watching old TV shows.  The Rifleman is on right now.  When I was a kid Chuck Connors scared the bejesus outta me.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama   I always liked The Rifelman, but it's on too early here.

I have been studying for my driver's license renewal pretty steady for the last few days, went today, and passed, easy peasy.  I only missed one question, had not seen it in any of the practice tests, and second guessed it, should have put down my original thought, that it is now illegal to dump an animal on the road and there is a fine of $1,000, so glad to know this.  I didn't have the handbook, but the practice tests were out of the 2020 handbook, and I recognized all but the above mentioned.

The man told me to stand behind a line to read the chart, and that darned line was at least thirty feet from the chart.  I told him that and no fair, as the chart is supposed to be ten-twenty feet away, so to the little eye machine I went and passed.  I had just been to my eye doctor a few weeks ago, so I know what my vision is.  I need readers for fine print, have for quite a while, but everything else is okay, so far.

The practice tests have a lot of questions that most drivers do not need to know the answers to, such as how many classes does a moped have, like I really should know this, know it now, lol, etc.  I won't know until I receive the new license how many years before I have to redo this.  

It is near freezing here, or feels like it, even with sun, so inside we stay, puttering around, trying to organize, a neverending job.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oooh @mousiegirl  I don't think I've taken a written test concerning driving since I first got my license at 16.  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Okay Freddie @Winifred  where are you hiding?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

Oooh @mousiegirl  I don't think I've taken a written test concerning driving since I first got my license at 16.  Woman Very Happy

@Bird mama   Within the last ten-twelve years, I went in, read the chart, and don't remember taking the test, lol, but I must have.

There is a question on the computer form re personal information, which asked if I had applied for a license under a different name, so I marked yes, then typed my maiden name.  It would not accept it, red pop up said:  "use English characters."  Two women working at the DMV tried all ways, so I finally said I will just check "no."  It worked, guess when I first got my license was so far back in time, nothing came up, lol.  Nowadays, we are constantly being reminded of our age, long for the old days when I only had to acknowledge it one day a year, and even then, I didn't, lol, kept thinking of myself as ten years younger.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Bird mama   The test is on the computer now, and there are helpers if one doesn't know how to do something, sometimes too helpful.

Honored Contributor

hey all

we have not had to take tests here for drivers, but we do have to pass eye test. and answer questions. pretty straight forward, we have the gold star license so that is under the belt.

busy day for me, 

2 walks done,

chores done,

wash dried and folded and put away

ran an errand this was along drive errand had to pick up my car next town south of where i live. new tires put on the car.

ok guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

we have not had to take tests here for drivers, but we do have to pass eye test. and answer questions. pretty straight forward, we have the gold star license so that is under the belt.

busy day for me, 

2 walks done,

chores done,

wash dried and folded and put away

ran an errand this was along drive errand had to pick up my car next town south of where i live. new tires put on the car.

ok guys will check in later.

@viva923   California is such a huge state, so I think this is why periodic testing, lots of people on the roads.